Dogs on Downeasters

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Not to hijack Bill's thread but we need a thread about real dogs on Downeasters.

Below is a picture of Hawser our 90lb. yellow Lab. Our slip is one slip off the bulkhead and 35ft north of our slip on the bulkhead is the main cutting board for the marina. Hawser is on sea glull patrol.

We have a second dog who is a 65lb. mutt named Pirate (because he steals everything) but I don't have a picture yet of him carrying a fish off the deck.

IMG_0332.jpg

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
haha not hijacking at all I like the pic! and want to see more

SORTIE

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Tripp 22 Angler
I would like to get a lab pup from large breeding stock

needs to be a pup so it can be accustomed to riding in the back of my pickup and in the boat

the two adult labs I've had have been scared by the shifting floor underneath them in a boat

SORTIE

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Tripp 22 Angler
WT, what a great shot, labs, downeasters and saltwater are the perfect mix

my last lab was yellow, he crossed the Rainbow Bridge on July 12, 2009

broke my heart

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Brody looks real comfortable getting ready to check out the girls on the jetty on the way out tuna fishing.

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
Dep

Lot's of ice to break in order to get to the crabbing grounds at times. Dep loved to be with us and didn't mind the cold.

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
Couple of Boston's Finest

What time did you say we were leaving? I'm down a couple of hundred but I'll be there.

Oscar never did make it, so we took Topper instead.

Back when scapping scallops was as easy as a walk in the park.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Thats a big Boston! I have one 10 months old, not a lab thats for sure but for a small dog he's pretty awsome.

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
Yeah, he a big one @ 28#'s but he trim and fit. In the old days, Boston's used to be bred in the 60# range. People than wanted a smaller dog and now the breed averages 15 to about 30.

They are not labs but they are great dogs. We have four in the family and they all love the boat and beach. Unfortunately, they get cold easily.

RAMPAGE88

Commander
Our Boston (Jack) is 14 months & as soon as I grab my keys he gets his coat & hauls ass out to the truck, sits on the armrest of the F150, he knows we're heading to the marina. He loves being on the boat & my daughter acually had him out on a boogie board at the Thimble Islands this summer. Very smart dogs & always seems like he's got something to say. My wife just saw these other posts on here & loves the pics, especially the one with the smoke , thanks for sharing

IMG_0210.jpg

Last edited:

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
Our mutt Molly at 5 months, She loves boats . She doesn't care for water cops. We got boarded by the local sheriff's patrol after I chewed them out on the VHF for passing us at 40 mph in a narrow channel posted for 10mph or less and throwing a huge wake. When The fuzz stepped over the rail she was growling and ready to chew a hole in his ass. I snapped this pic right after "Barney" got back in his boat, Molly was still pissed.

Top Bottom