Donelle 43’ or Provincial 45’

Sea Life

Lieutenant
First Name
Bill
Was interested in a new boat build, kinda like what Pinwheel looks like. With a Seakeeper to keep steady with a fish on. Any input or similar boats.

Tuna Hotline

Captain
Can't go wrong with either of those boats. They are both built like a brick shithouse and can be finished to your liking.
Personally, if you were going to go with the Donnelle 43, I would go straight to the 45 as it's exactly a foot wider than the 43 Donnelle and 45 Provincial.
From experience, I think the Provincial might be a little more efficient at cruise.

lobstercraven

Commander
Last edited:

BB_Offshore

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Matt
Boat Make
Samson 28

lobstercraven

Commander
Are they building boats in the US again? I knew they had a shop going in Maine a few years ago, but thought that it had closed for some reason... maybe a fire or something?
I thought the same thing but somebody told me recently that they were still building them in both machias & Canada. I’m unsure about Maine though. that needs to be checked

BB_Offshore

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Matt
Boat Make
Samson 28

05bill

Captain
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
big article about design of provincial boats on forum. i would read it. i like a lot of the features on the provincial ,hard chine, fiberglass fuel tanks. it is a well designed boat , my opinion.

lobstercraven

Commander
Was interested in a new boat build, kinda like what Pinwheel looks like. With a Seakeeper to keep steady with a fish on. Any input or similar boats.
I have a friend that has a 35 donnelle. I fish along side of him and have been on the boat a few times. I like how the boat performs. Gets up and goes nice since the Hull is designed with lift molded into the Hull instead of lifting rails scabbed on after. I just wish they had something in the 38’ range . I would have to put a custom top on it because I don’t care much for the look . I would love to see what one would look like with a more downeast style top. Looks aside , I must say the visibility is great and it’s set up nice for lobstering with the molded top. Ive heard that the 43 is the same with positive feedback. Too big for me though

Sea Life

Lieutenant
First Name
Bill
I have a friend that has a 35 donnelle. I fish along side of him and have been on the boat a few times. I like how the boat performs. Gets up and goes nice since the Hull is designed with lift molded into the Hull instead of lifting rails scabbed on after. I just wish they had something in the 38’ range . I would have to put a custom top on it because I don’t care much for the look . I would love to see what one would look like with a more downeast style top. Looks aside , I must say the visibility is great and it’s set up nice for lobstering with the molded top. Ive heard that the 43 is the same with positive feedback. Too big for me though
Millennium Marine has a new 37’ by 13’ hull and has extended a Donelle 35 three feet in the stern that you might inquire about.

lobstercraven

Commander
Millennium Marine has a new 37’ by 13’ hull and has extended a Donelle 35 three feet in the stern that you might inquire about.
I didn’t know about the millennium but I knew that they did a 38 donnelle. It was quite beamy like 15’ if I remember right . Anyways, thanks I’ll check it out thanks
EDIT
just went on their Facebook page. Looks like it’s the new vhull line which I know nothing about

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom