"Downeast Boat Forum's Discount Electronics" / Sponsored By Precision Marine Center

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
I wanted to let everyone know that after speaking with Bill, we're happy to announce a partnership in which Precision Marine Center will be sponsoring a special subforum within the Marine Electronics forum to provide an area for the members here to get exclusive pricing on various electronics. Bill and myself will be working on the format of the subforum but I'd like it to be a place for people to ask questions on various electronics, whether they be function, install, or operation related, as well as having the option to buy equipment at the same wholesale prices we provide to OEMs and builders.

Precision Marine Center, just to make clear, is an Authorized 'Elite' Furuno Deep Sea Dealer, Certified 'Premier' Raymarine Dealer, Certified Technical Simrad Dealer (Simrad Fisheries too), as well as KVH, FLIR, ComNav, Si-Tex, Nobeltec/MaxSea, as well as every other major manufacturer that we feel makes reliable products that we are willing to stand behind.* We're FCC, NMEA, NMEA2000, and ABYC Certified across the board, so we don't just move boxes, we handle everything from magnetrons to multiplexers.
(*We do not touch Garmin. To keep it short, in my opinion, they make an inferior product, with inferior support, and we decided to no longer handle the line. No offense to anyone here with Garmin equipment, but I wanted to let that be known. PM me if you'd like to read a long sad string of stories.)

I will be posting weekly deals on certain items like EPIRBs/PLBs, Handheld VHFs, Sat Phones, and other staple items that you shouldn't have to buy from some big box retailer. We also have access to certain Reman/BlueStar items that the public never sees, and will be posting those special deals as well.

To have a more personal experience, I will also be able to help put together system configurations based on what your particular needs and application may be, providing insight on how to integrate onboard systems and to take full advantage of whatever piece of equipment you might require.

Obviously, I will continue to be active on the main electronics forum, and do not wish to redirect any traffic and the fun banter between us all, however I will also be encouraging people to freely drop me a thread or PM with certain Q&A regarding any issues you have with your existing equipment.

As someone who is a true Downeast enthusiast, I've found the people here to be some of the most knowledgeable and passionate real salts I've ever seen in an online forum. I felt this would be a great opportunity to pass along solid info and provide equipment at the same time, while managing to keep the focus on boats built in the New England tradition and the people who love them.

Please don't think of me as some New York City Snake Oil Salesman, or some random shill. I consider myself part of this brotherhood, and if I can help everyone with the knowledge I have and manage to boost some cash flow and volume at the same time, than it will be great. I am here because I love boats, I love electronics, and obviously have enough time on my hands since I stopped PC gaming to dedicate all my waking ours to this industry.

In the mean time, to start spicing things up, I will post a some items to get the ball rolling in the Classifieds section, and I hope you all take advantage of some solid advice and throw some business towards Precision Marine along the way. Keep in mind, no sales tax on any items shipped outside of NY State. I will try to do my best when it comes to matching certain 'online retailers' pricing who just work out of a basement drop shipping boxes, but no hard feelings if you have to go in another direction. It's tough out there, but I'm here to try and make it a little easier for the people here who really appreciate the beauty of the sea and have the disdain for the 'clorox bottle cookie cutter' boats that clutter it. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here as we move forward, and thanks to Bill for the opportunity to become a part of this growing group of elite Downeast Purists.

Chris Labozza
Precision Marine Center
[914] 235.4023 O
[914] 490.0019 C
(Call cell anytime, but email/PMs will be best in lieu of a voicemail.)

WC1966

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Webbers Cove 34
"Please don't think of me as some New York City Snake Oil Salesman,"
Now you are taking the fun out of this!
I like the idea and am looking forward to your input, because electronics is not my best subject. I do best at making sawdust

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
Just a bump to let everyone know the sub-forum is now in place under 'Forum Sponsors.'
I urge you to take advantage of the thread and PMs to me with any questions about marine electronics that you don't want to post here.
There are also a few rebates and specials on some systems and plotters available that I will be posting there this week, and if anyone is looking for a Furuno fishfinder, be sure to check it out as we have some heavy deals going on some their top models right now.

Rmorrison

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Camden 22
I have a 22' with a full deckhouse (Camden 22- seaway hull) and existing standard horizon 10" chartplotter. Looking to mount a radar and thinking about a foruno 1631. Recreational use only - Maine coast fog and a little at night use. Is this a good choice? Thanks.

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
I think if we have a qualifying system for posting in for sale it should also apply to getting these deals.
Thanks Oliver for the redirect, me and Morrison have exchanged emails, he's found himself a beautiful 22 pilothouse. I'm trying to get him into a 25kW Open Array and MFDBB. Living vicariously, yet again!

Top Bottom