Downeast Boat Rendezvous?

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Brand new to this forum, glad that VPC pointed it out to me.

Maybe this has already been brought up somewhere in this forum, but I have always thought that a regional Downeast Boat rendevous would be a good time, and why should the Sea Ray or trawler owners have all the fun? I mean what owner of ANY other style of boat has as much invested in thier boats from conception to selection to design to construction, sea trials, etc... than the owners of Downeast style boats? They're boats of passion, not just a pastime.

I'm not talking lobsterboat-racing-circuit type of gathering (although, this could be fun informally) but a night or two of Downeast boat owners meeting somewhere with thier boats to sort of bring this forum to life in 3-D.

So, consider this a 'feeler'. How many of you out there would be interested in something like this in some southern New England location (Block Is, Cuttyhunk, Mystic, Greenport, NY)? Other location suggestions?

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
If I don't have to go to a soccer game or birthday party I'm in.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Hingham Bay, Central Location for all and we can have a barbecue at Bill's House :D

Dave

Field Tester

Commander
Website
www.fieldtester.net
I would definitely be up for a get together!! I think block island would be a great central location! Greenport, LI has a great marina for get togethers also, but is not as centrally located. My vote is for BI!

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
haha good call Dave..Name the date and time..we have a number of good spots like weir river and the back river that are awesome spots for rafting..and ya there is plenty of moorings for over nighters

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Mans Boat

Can we not use the word rendezvous and Downeaster in the same sentence.......lol

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
OK now I'm in! Should I bring wife and kids or just meathead fishin buddies?

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
DE get togethers already occur. every april-may. high ground stellwagen, every july - nov- tuna ground stellwagen, jeffries, figs, bb, georges
Jan - Dec- every lobster ground throughout new england.:eek:

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Okay, agreed, we ditch "rendezvous" for Downeast boat & beer fest (or similar). Sounds like there's some interest; that's great! I second the Block Island location - pretty much covers anything between the Cape and Long Island; I know 6 or so more boats in the area who haven't tuned into this forum yet who would be interested. Pass the word to others who may not see this and we'll see just how many we can pull together over the next few months. Everyone keep chiming in though for more ideas...

Kinda what I had in mind:

Races 04 d.jpg

Top Bottom