Downeast Michigan in December/January

Capt.Ben

Lieutenant Commander
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.retmarine.com
Boat Make
20' Grady White Tournament
Beautiful area! I sailed on the Great Lakes on one of the ore carriers back in the day (1997). I remember the Red Wings had just won the Stanley Cup and there were fire works over the river as our ship was passing by... would be a lot more fun exploring with a DE boat though.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Freshwater

Lieutenant Commander
Nice Tony, Good to see kids having fun on the water. Is that one of Jeff Spira's designs ? 16' Carolina dory ?

Yup, thats exactly what it is. Nice little boat, wish I had a little bigger motor, and I think I’m gonna flip it and put a “skeg” on it. She slides a little bit .
DE boat pictures are great but nothing is better than small kids on the water.
They love exploring and such. Tried to get em to troll for northerns but they just wanted to go to the beach and throw rocks, told the wife I’m gonna see if I can get them out every month this year, so far SE Michigan isn’t having much of a winter.

Tony

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

richard c welk iv

Lieutenant
Thank you so much for your pictures as they bring back a lot of memory's for me . My dad didn't care about the weather or the seasons or the time of day . If he wanted to go somewhere we went and if we went we went as a family . My mom would bundle us up with so many cloths that if we ever fell over she'd need a 4100 Manitowoc to pick us up . And that's not off the whip either .

Top Bottom