Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
You're a very talented guy with boats AND computers! :D

greg

Captain
No outriggers or rodholders?

Oh the humanities.... ;)

Don't most of these boats usually have full displacement hulls? Is there any loss in range or efficiency using a DE hull in this application?

I'm just curious and don't know nuthin about birthin no babies, let alone taking a 20 knot hull and running it at 6-8 knots.

Looks like a nice design though. Really nice lines.

capnrob

Lieutenant
Boat Make
webbers cove 34 1968
lt's the beam!

When Rhodes first presented "Patience" at the boatshow, it was as a semi displacement cruiser, the "Mini-Ship 34". A boat to Drink 6, Feed 4 and Sleep 2! 34 ft x 10' 8" was not big enough for more. However, that's what the market wanted, "more bunks"! He finished the other four hulls as three cabin layouts, far too small and all you could say about them was "My boat sleeps 6!". Cramped, stepping on top of each other but you could impress your friends. It appears to me that this layout has a forward stateroom, raised pilot house then salon. If, in fact this hull is not of broad beam it would make for a very comfortable cruiser of the 6/4/2 idea with a convertable setee in the salon that would not encourage guests to stay too long. As a DE hull she would move finely through the water and with the semi-displ. hull with the right power, would get up and go if you had to run from it or to it. That was more like my 10 cents!

BGII

Lieutenant
That is really cool how you can draw them like that. Hey, how about sliding everything forward, delete the cruising gear, make it a walk around deck. Would make a sweet offshore commercial tuna or raised pilot house multi passenger charter boat.

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
This is a great idea. Love the raised house, it gives you so much more room. For a long time I wanted a 40 Nordhavn for retirement but now I think I'm leaning towards a DE. 10-12 knots is a huge differnece from 6-8.
I just don't know if I can give up giant tuna fishing in 10yrs, that will tell the TALE!

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
NICE LINES !! In a perfect world, or when I hit the Lotto, I would buy this over a Grand Banks 42 any day of the week....or even a Nordhavn......

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Travis- Have you seen the American Tugs? Built in LaConner, WA; I've been to their facility, seen their molds and operations. They are very popular on the west coast and I believe they ship them to the great lakes and Florida. I think your drawing looks real nice. I've attached 2 pics of their 39' model.

39 American Tug.jpg

39 AmericanTug.jpg

Fouraces59

Commander
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
26 Seaway CC
Travis, you should build one on spec. I can get you started and halfway there as I still have my fathers 42 OEM for sale.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
sketchup-logo3.jpg

Dano62

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
34' Wayne Beal

I think I'll give that a try. I prepare Army Corp and DEP applications for people who want to build or add on to their wharves. I board draft all of the drawings, scan them, and then go over them with Microsoft Paint to make them look like CAD dwgs. Not as labor intensive as it sounds, but I'm all for trying something to make things easier. About twenty years ago, I tried doing a profile sketch of a boat using AutoCAD. That particular software didn't like curves too much, but I forced it. I got just a bit too much shear for my liking, but it is what it is.

RILEY 36.jpg

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Sketchup is fun and you can't beat the price.

Takes a little getting used to, I learned how by framing up a building. Making every 2x6 and putting them all together like I would with the real deal. Lots of lines but it was worth it to figure out the short cuts.

Dano62

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
34' Wayne Beal
Sketchup is fun and you can't beat the price.

Takes a little getting used to, I learned how by framing up a building. Making every 2x6 and putting them all together like I would with the real deal. Lots of lines but it was worth it to figure out the short cuts.

I just downloaded it. Just playing around with it, without using any of the tutorials, it seems like it's fairly intuitive/user friendly. Don't know why I hadn't heard about this. I've tried several other freebies and wasn't too impressed with any of them.

Top Bottom