Lite User

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

[email protected]

Commander
Boat Make
26 JC
Not trying to bring down the room, just looking carefully. Not so worried about the base engine but all the marine hang ons. I have only seen one of these engines years ago and don't remember much about it. Looks like a lot of cast aluminum custom parts like exhaust manifolds, heat ex and aftercooler. I spent a lot of last summer trying to source cast aluminum exhaust manifolds for a Performance Marine 6.5 and came up with no one having them or supporting it. Nothing from GLM, Andy's or Penninsular. Had to get custom ones made from stainless. This year having trouble getting Issota Franchinni parts as the engines are older. If you are getting a great deal and want it just a word of caution. I would get the engine serial number and try and source a major part, like an aftercooler or exhaust manifold as if you really already owned it and needed it and see about price and availability. At least you'll know what to expect in the future when this stuff really comes due. Also, 370 horse from less than 4.5 liters and 1000 lbs. is asking a lot.

Last edited:

Cool Boat

Commander
A guy had a pair in a large wooden yacht built in Milford DE, old restored hull from like the 30's. Those were extremely quiet too. Good luck with the project.

SemperFishBoston

Commander
Boat Make
AJ26 Duffy
As always thank you for your input gentlemen. I reached out to the builder and a local shop familiar with Nanni’s and took some measurements on my own(which I should of just done first) and have concluded this motor will not work for me. It’s just too big and would require an awful lot of work to still shoehorn it in there. Although Alan Johnson does have the same block in this hull that he owns and finished last year, it was planned in advanced and required pushing the engine box and motor mount stringers out 4” on each side. As well as moving the engine forward of the bulkhead. Alan, as always, was very helpful and detailed in his response and ultimately advised against using this motor in my refit. I had a chance at a 270 nanni, that Alan said would be perfect, but I missed the boat on it last month. . FWIW, anyone I have spoken too familiar with nanni has spoken highly of the brand. The search continues...

Leprechaun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier
Replace the gasser with a gasser!! ....... I know most everyone disagrees but when you step back and look at everything it usually makes $ cents $

I think this is a gasser . Was for sale a few years ago

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Top Bottom