Duffy 35

MASTERENEGADE

Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I wonder how many horses you could fit in there beautiful ride just needs some power!!

As much as you want. It may require an engine box at one point but, I do know of one that had a 500hp cat put into it. Which is a waster of hp in my opinion. Depending on the layout of the vessel 375-430hp is generally ideal..Again depends on how much crap you stuff into the boat

CaptLuke

Admiral
Boat looks great in the photos but who knows how recent they are. Price seems a little high given the power. Boat would have to be repowered to do what I'm am looking to do with it. Any body have an honest estimate of what she's worth. To repower with factory rebuilt cummins 6cta 8.3 is 30k+ and needs more fuel, a greenstick, hydraulics run for bandit reel and who knows what else. Being that I'm 24 years old I have a budget and after all of that ill be cutting it pretty close. Any in put is greatly appriciated!

hmscapecod

Deckhand
Boat looks great in the photos but who knows how recent they are. Price seems a little high given the power. Boat would have to be repowered to do what I'm am looking to do with it. Any body have an honest estimate of what she's worth. To repower with factory rebuilt cummins 6cta 8.3 is 30k+ and needs more fuel, a greenstick, hydraulics run for bandit reel and who knows what else. Being that I'm 24 years old I have a budget and after all of that ill be cutting it pretty close. Any in put is greatly appriciated!

A 2" shaft

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.woundupmarine.com
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

CaptLuke

Admiral
Just got off the phone with him he told me that she cruised at 18 which I am a little skeptical about being that he told woundup 15. If it is in fact 18 kts it would be perfect but I know remember the tuna eclipse had 100 more horses and only got 16 at cruise she was probably a bit heavier but same low sheer Duffy. May take a loom once I get off this ship. Really hoping more boats go on the market as the season draws to a close

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.woundupmarine.com
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Frank Grimes

Admiral
First Name
John
If he says there's no box then the engine is completely forward of the bulkhead.

15 kt cruise would be pushing it with 220hp, with any sort of load on. Potentially in a very light boat with no gear.

Tuna Hooker

Deckhand
Yeah 15 knts is pushing it, load that with gear, ice, food, fuel and three or four guys for a canyon trip and your looking at 12 knts at best. The 35 duffy I fish on occasionally cruises at 14-15 knts with a heavy duty tower and pulpit and four guys on board and thats with a tamd 71a making 358 hp. Granted this one is a high sheer thats built heavy for serious tuna fishing so it's definitely heavier than the boat in question but a full canyon load should bring them closer in the weight category.

Top Bottom