Duffy Back on sale in LI

Surfishingboy

Commander
I think it supposedly sold for 32k the last time around.. good deal for that kind of money.

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 33 , McKeeCraft 28

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I guess that guy never bought it or couldnt flip it? Or is this him....

DUFFY 1986 35' Classic Downeaster Fishing or Family Boat Turbo Diesel!

This is very odd. The phone is the original owner's phone. I called them the a couple months ago and they said it was sold. The ad is identical except for the disclaimer and use of the third person which sounds like a broker. Photos look better. Broker or perhaps the cleaned it.

The boat hasn't sold because;
250 hp is low for a Duffy and circa 1983 engine model
There is no lower helm
Odd layout:
Below is sectioned off for kids bunks and adult is stacked. No twin
Cabin is also divided with bar height counter.
No aft windows
Worn looking in places.

It is not far. I will go look at it
So, repower, add lower helm, redo the interior - what is it worth?

Tunahead

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.captbillsmith.com
Boat Make
Have 5! Make that 6 ....
Duffy

The boat is hurt. Looked at it not too long ago. Very neglected. Has had minimal work done to it in past few years. Lots of rotted/dry rot.
Not a fishing boat by any means. Was a family weekender. Never sold for 32 grand. Have no idea where that came from. Worth about that though

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
This is very odd. The phone is the original owner's phone. I called them the a couple months ago and they said it was sold. The ad is identical except for the disclaimer and use of the third person which sounds like a broker. Photos look better. Broker or perhaps the cleaned it.

The boat hasn't sold because;
250 hp is low for a Duffy and circa 1983 engine model
There is no lower helm
Odd layout:
Below is sectioned off for kids bunks and adult is stacked. No twin
Cabin is also divided with bar height counter.
No aft windows
Worn looking in places.

It is not far. I will go look at it
So, repower, add lower helm, redo the interior - what is it worth?

THat number was a brokers number originally. I talked to them last summer. Between the husband and wife lack of knowledge and the good , bad and ugly explination. I didn't even drive the 45 min to look at it. If I remember right the actual owner is living in FL or something. To me its worth the cost of a hull. Just like the other over priced shit box duffys floating around online for sale recently.

Surfishingboy

Commander
I spoke to the guy who supposedly purchased the boat. He said he stole it for 32k and was going to fix it up and resell it.

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
The boat is hurt. Looked at it not too long ago. Very neglected. Has had minimal work done to it in past few years. Lots of rotted/dry rot.
Not a fishing boat by any means. Was a family weekender. Never sold for 32 grand. Have no idea where that came from. Worth about that though

Where was the dry rot? You talking about cosmetic trim wood, fly bridge or structural members? I always worry about unprotected wood in used in Duffy engine compartments. I'm not looking to fish it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom