Dumb shit I see at work

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
I've been in the trades almost 40 years.
As I get older I swear the human race is getting dumber.
If you are an electrician you know what is wrong with this picture.
If you have common sense. ( a rare commodity these days also) you can see the problem.
No matter how many time I explain working clearances to anyone that is involved, 30" x 36" seems too difficult to understand.
Post up the dumb shit you see at work if only to vent

20210531_124152.jpg

fordy

Commander
I'm not a sparky but seems like a trip hazard in front of the trip breaker.

GD FI Inlet

Lieutenant
If you have common sense. ( a rare commodity these days also) you can see the problem.
No matter how many time I explain working clearances to anyone that is involved, 30" x 36" seems too difficult to understand.

View attachment 111776
Yesterday I got a call to go to a Resturant in south hampton. Call was toilets burning people when the Resturant is busy. Toilets leaking. Yes toilets burning people.
When we got there the plumber before us had taken preheated and heated water from the dish washing equipment and tapped the line for the toilets. This idiot had sent 180 degree water to the toilets in the lady’s room and melted the wax seals right out of the toilet flanges.
The idea was to keep the lady’s warm when they used the bowl! Any of you guys ever met a woman that remains seated for the entire performance in A public bathroom??? I have not.
That one for our company is the current record For pure stupidity !! The most unfortunate part is the records only stand a month or two.

Donkonetchy

Ensign
First Name
Don

View attachment 111776
Joining all the breakers together is pretty crazy!

fishfull thinker

Commander
Lite User
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
Wellcraft Coastal 2800

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Joining all the breakers together is pretty crazy!
We run a wire through them to keep them in the off position or else they ALL get turned on.
Another dumb thing I've seen.

goin4broke

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
Hera's a blast form the past. I could make an entire forum with what I see.

GD FI Inlet

Lieutenant
1624567359781.png
Here’s one from today. The complaint was not enough water pressure. This gentleman was complaining that he couldn’t wash his collectible cars and motorcycles in his 5000 square ft Man cave garage. By the way the cars he has were amazing.
I informed him his previous plumber had ran 3/8 braided sink supplies Tied together for about 25’ hot and cold and then converted the last 10’ to 1/2” copper to his shower body valve and then used the tub spout port to supply a garden hose.
I asked If his previous plumber came to the job in a little yellow bus wearing a soft helmet complete with a face Sheild to keep him from licking the windows during his commute.
How do people do this to other people ??

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
View attachment 112194
Here’s one from today. The complaint was not enough water pressure. This gentleman was complaining that he couldn’t wash his collectible cars and motorcycles in his 5000 square ft Man cave garage. By the way the cars he has were amazing.
I informed him his previous plumber had ran 3/8 braided sink supplies Tied together for about 25’ hot and cold and then converted the last 10’ to 1/2” copper to his shower body valve and then used the tub spout port to supply a garden hose.
I asked If his previous plumber came to the job in a little yellow bus wearing a soft helmet complete with a face Sheild to keep him from licking the windows during his commute.
How do people do this to other people ??
Points for effort though.;)

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Tile contractor asks where do you want the extra tile?
General contractor says anywhere except in the house or in the yard.
Tile contractor thinks the skinny crawlspace under the 200 year old house in front if the air handler is the next best spot.
Yeah, not so much.

20210429_152907.jpg

Top Bottom