Duramax Ultra X

eyschulman

Commander
Boat Make
Devlin 48 & Marshal Sanderling
Is anybody useing Duramax ultra X pacing? How does it work is it really dripless and running cool?

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
I put it in my boat after the first season, and have not touched it. I would not say that it is dripless but drips a lot less than normal packing.(Maybe one drip every 5 minutes vs. a few drips a minute with normal flax)
Its excellent lubricity and high thermal conductivity supposedly keeps the shaft running cool at all speeds, but that is hard for me to tell.
All I can say is that I have had no issues and am happy with the switch to this packing.

Overkill

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44 Calvin Beal
I put it in my boat after the first season, and have not touched it. I would not say that it is dripless but drips a lot less than normal packing.(Maybe one drip every 5 minutes vs. a few drips a minute with normal flax)
Its excellent lubricity and high thermal conductivity supposedly keeps the shaft running cool at all speeds, but that is hard for me to tell.
All I can say is that I have had no issues and am happy with the switch to this packing.

Agreed, it is a must to properly break it in. Run it loose so it drips for the first few days.

Top Bottom