Rear Admiral
Lite User
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32

pugsley

Captain
the first ones were total junk, but i believe they fixed all of those problems, my friend just took one off his boat with 5800 hours (90 hp)

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
I bought a 90 hp new in 08. love it. now going to be taking it off my little seaway and selling the engine with all controls. nice engine and only reason for selling is that I don't have time for two boats and this little guy have to go.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
I have a 2013 ETEC with 37 hours on it now.

Very happy with it. But curious to see when she starts running smoother. There is no "breakin" but I guess around 40 or 50 hours she stops running rich and smooths out some....I know of another 150 ETEC that runs almost silent. I know its only a three cylinder but hope it quiets just a little bit.

And the power...is truly insane. It's like flipping a goddamn light switch.

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
thanks for all your input. a mate of mine was talking about repowering his old 20 ft wellcraft fisherman, and we were curious about e tecs. i know the old fichts could be a nightmare, and even the early e tecs, but what i am hearing is good, and i will pass it on to him

pugsley

Captain
thanks for all your input. a mate of mine was talking about repowering his old 20 ft wellcraft fisherman, and we were curious about e tecs. i know the old fichts could be a nightmare, and even the early e tecs, but what i am hearing is good, and i will pass it on to him

the omc fitch was terrible, bombardier fixed them up pretty good too.

fishcrazy

Lieutenant
I had an etec 250 on my 23 seacraft. it was incredible how much tourque that engine has. around 500 hour the knock sensor need to be replaced under warrantey. I sold the boat and the owner now has had no issues. great engine especially for older seacrafts

Latest Posts

Top Bottom