Eastern CT Shotgun Buck

Bill_N

Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Got this buck off the edge of a cornfield in Windham Friday morning. I've hunted this spot on and off since I shot a 6 point there in the field but other than that all I've seen were does. Last year when I pulled my stand I found some big rubs in the back corner. Went back in early October, found more rubs and hung a stand there. Climbed in this morning for the first time and had what looked like a forkhorn come by real early. Around 8 I could see a good buck coming in. I took a shot when he crossed an opening and could see he was hit but he got behind some big trees. He finally came out broadside and I put one behind his shoulder and he was down. I thought it was a nice 8 pointer from my stand but he got bigger when I got close. I was kind of stunned. He's just big all over. It turned out to be 11 points and 202 lbs. I had to go home and get a small chain hoist to load him in the truck. Used my Savage 220 with 3" Accutips.

4OF7Oty.jpg

KgMtsWq.jpg

tV3AsXr.jpg

MAArcher

Admiral
Nice one! Do you guys have a "big buck club" in CT? In Maine and New Hampshire we call a deer over 200lbs a "Patch Buck" because they give you a patch when they are that big. My brother has one from each state. I've come close, but still haven't broken 200lbs.

eb tide

Deckhand
Boat Make
28' Northern Bay
Nice buck. How do you like that gun? I bough the same one 2 years ago and love it. I have only used hornadys but thinking of switching to the accu tips.

Bill_N

Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Best shooting slug gun I've owned. It shoots like a rifle with the Accutips. 1 1/2" 3 shot groups with 3" shells. Feeding is a little rough but works.

eb tide

Deckhand
Boat Make
28' Northern Bay
Ya bought A ton of hornadys a few years ago with no complaints, figured keep shooting them until I can find accu tips. Keep hearing those r the best with that gun.

Top Bottom