Eastporter 18

jojobee

Commander
You guys have any thought on this skiff? There is a lot of talk about the 20' but wondered if anybody ran the 18. I would like to potentially run one with a 25-30 tiller outboard. General putzing around.

jojobee

Commander
Thanks bro but I have a Tripp 22 as well. Looking for a smaller skiff with lite hp requirements and beachable.

hevysrf

Lieutenant
I have 2 seasons on an old Seaway 17, 50 hp 2 stroke Yam. Tops out at about 25 mph. It works about right for my needs, but it is sensitive to added weight, and its a pretty tender boat. I don't know if a 25 will plane an 18 once you get your gear in or add a passenger or 2.

Dstan

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Eastporter 18
I just saw this post, I hope to get started on my Eastporter 18 this year. It came with a Johnson 25 2-stroke though I have not had the boat in the water since I got it so I don't know how it'll go. My fear is that it'll be underpowered.
I'll need to keep an eye out for a 40 hp or larger. (then figure out how to pay for it !)

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
You guys have any thought on this skiff? There is a lot of talk about the 20' but wondered if anybody ran the 18. I would like to potentially run one with a 25-30 tiller outboard. General putzing around.
I think you have the right idea.
Keep it small and simple and cheap to run.
I think the natural inclination is to say, well if I'm gonna go 18 , I may as we'll go 20. And if if gonna go 30hp, I may as we'll go 50, or 70.
If you just want to fart around, keep it simple. If you spend less to run it, you will use it more.
I've had some of my most enjoyable days out in my 12 ft dinghy with a 5 hp.

Just my 2 cents

Top Bottom