eBay - yanmar 4lha $6500

ARC

Captain
Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
I sold a POS kohler generator . It was running but I was selling it for parts. I listed it here and CL. I sold it to a young kid for $700.00. I’m sure no relation to this ebayer. It’s now listed on this guys eBay page for 3990.00 and he used my pics. I’m not sure what’s going on with all his listings none of those engines are in Massapequa.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
I sold a POS kohler generator . It was running but I was selling it for parts. I listed it here and CL. I sold it to a young kid for $700.00. I’m sure no relation to this ebayer. It’s now listed on this guys eBay page for 3990.00 and he used my pics. I’m not sure what’s going on with all his listings none of those engines are in Massapequa.
He has a few engines on there I had been watching on Craigslist for double what they were listed for

Gurryman

Rear Admiral
First Name
Mark
Boat Make
Nauset 28
I sold a Remanufactured QSB to a forum member. He put his old engine on FB, was listed on ebay without his knowledge or permission. Sellers feedback does not have many posts for engines, Hmmm!

Beauly

Lieutenant
Lite User
Boat Make
Dyer 29

ARC

Captain
Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
Sellers location is a typical 60x 100 residential house. Every pic is in a different warehouse or some large industrial location. I emailed him and asked to see and engine . No response. Makes you wonder what’s really going on.

fellsptmariner

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Custom 57'
If you buy anything off ebay - you are totally protected. Ebay allows you to return items - for any reason and always sides with the buyer.
Facebook and craigslist - Best to make the exchange in person.

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
and then what about this fellow (way the heck up) in Caraquet, New Brunswick (!) Cummins rebuilt 6BTA

Also can someone help me understand what the HP is for Cummins 6BTA engines? I understood them to be 210 HP. But am seeing different HP specs for them. I don't understand how this works.
Cummins 6B are 6 cyl, 5.9 liter mechanical diesel engines. 6BT are turbocharged, the go from 160hp or so up to 210hp. 210 is most common in marine applications.
6BTA are turbocharged AND aftercooled. 260 HP up to 370 I think.

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
I would imagine the 370hp version as it would have the most power and therefore be the most versatile.

Top Bottom