Electric Trucks - Who's Going to Jump In?

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Rockfish9

Lieutenant
First Name
Joe
Ah…. That’s more like it. I would like to see a road test with some more hills and mountains. I am not pro-electric truck nor am I against them. Just observing at this point. Ford would probably be my go to. GM has had too many issues with electrical systems to have my trust.
Maybe they would let me test drive one if I right a review on DieselJerry.com!
Nope…..not big enough yet. But getting there!
Electric Jerry doesn't have the same ring .. just sayin'

Rockfish9

Lieutenant
First Name
Joe
No it certainly doesn’t. When it comes to boats I am looking into the diesel electric hybrid technology that is coming out. Volvo is knee deep in it. Waiting to see what others do.
I like the hybrid idea to all if this, it gives options, it also gives those that are skeptical a migration period it also allows for the "bugs" to be worked out for full electric conversion..
I did a job the other day that required me to drag out my 30 year old CORDED sawzall..it reminded me just how convenient battery power can be..that being said, I've buried 3 battery powered sawzalls that combined haven't done the work of that heavy old fighter.
I've had electric motors on my boats since the mid 70's, the first being a Ted Willams having a whopping 14lbs of thrust, things have changed my 24 volt 85lb thrust current motor is a jewl compared to the old ones , but the extra 150lbs of batteries are a different talking point, while talking batteries, we all know about the weight differance with LI batteries, I have an 48 volt electric ice auger, it's an amazing tool, and the battery life even at 14 below zero is impressive, so on that small scale, I know what is possible, but I'm still not ready to raid my retirement fund and give up my gas engine/truck, even as the news is terrorizing us with 5 bucks a gallon this mornig.

Penzance Point

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Mike
I saw a Rivian on a flatbed going thru my neighborhood. Do they get delivered? Thing was sweet looking

xbskt

Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
13 Whaler, 14 Salty Boats, 28 Crowley Beal, 36 Northern Bay. WTF!?!
There are a few Rivians here now. I will say the dedicated EV parking spots at the "always full in the summertime" town pier parking lot have me thinking this might be the upside that causes me to investigate further.

20220622_170847.jpg

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

the_Bartender

Commander
First Name
Bill
Boat Make
35 Bruno
My apologies if this has been posted but I thought some of you might be interested in a Rivian critique: also there is a commercial for his sponsor in the middle. With YouTube just hit, and keep hitting the forward, ARROW key and skip forward 5 seconds every time you hit it.

Top Bottom