Electronics Warranty Start Date ??

MorningTauk

Lieutenant
Website
www.morningtaukcharters.com
Boat Make
Carolina Classic
Hey all -

Might have a great price possibility on Electronics for new boat build. Does the warrant start on purchase date or Installation date? I am assuming day of purchase. With boat builds taking longer, dont want to be stuck with it. Thank you

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Hey all -

Might have a great price possibility on Electronics for new boat build. Does the warrant start on purchase date or Installation date? I am assuming day of purchase. With boat builds taking longer, dont want to be stuck with it. Thank you
Post this question in electronics subforum so @Wharf Rat sees it.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Mike, you will have to check with manufacturer of the electronics, I just went through this with Garmin and confirmed that they will start the warranty for my electronics when the boat is delivered, but will need to provide them with proof of commissioning date.

MorningTauk

Lieutenant
Website
www.morningtaukcharters.com
Boat Make
Carolina Classic
Mike, you will have to check with manufacturer of the electronics, I just went through this with Garmin and confirmed that they will start the warranty for my electronics when the boat is delivered, but will need to provide them with proof of commissioning date.
Thx pal … Thats what I thought. didnt want to bother you again :) …. My son is working for West Marine this summer and gets like 15. 20% off Electronics so thought I would ask. Thank you

Panhandler80

Captain
Thx pal … Thats what I thought. didnt want to bother you again :) …. My son is working for West Marine this summer and gets like 15. 20% off Electronics so thought I would ask. Thank you
Has he priced the units you’re looking at?

20 years ago the EE discounts were great on apparel and fishing gear, but virtually non existent on electronics. A lot may have changed, though.

Top Bottom