Engine box lift?

captchuck

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Seaway
Does anyone have any pics or experience of using gas shocks etc to help lift their engine box? I'm struggling to invision the best pivot point to locate a set of struts. But now with a bench built on top of the box it's a real back breaker!

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
Check out the motor pics on my Duffy. It's listed in the classified section 2000. 31 Duffy. Two electric hydraulic lifts. Very heavy bench leaning pad with tons of storage would have to guess its over 200 pounds full gear. Works the nuts.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

cb34

Rear Admiral
engine box

Just finished my box install. Used gas springs, lifts completely out of the way with no effort. I'll get a few pictures today and try to post them tonight.

captchuck

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Seaway
Just finished my box install. Used gas springs, lifts completely out of the way with no effort. I'll get a few pictures today and try to post them tonight.

That would be awesome thanks.
I plan on taking some measurements today in an effort to determine what length to go with.

captchuck

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Seaway
Check out the motor pics on my Duffy. It's listed in the classified section 2000. 31 Duffy. Two electric hydraulic lifts. Very heavy bench leaning pad with tons of storage would have to guess its over 200 pounds full gear. Works the nuts.

Those are sweet! I have a very similar setup weighs a ton! I think budget is going to determine that I go with gas but I see that the electric have a huge advantage especially the distance that they travel. Do you remember which ones you used?

Top Bottom