Engineering a house bank

BlueMack

Captain
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
70 amps would put you in the green though: 70 > 62 so overnight you would be exceeding what you burn and you could fill the charge tank much more practically than at a 40 amp rate.
I’m only using 50 amps at night, so a single 70 or 75 would still feed the battery, and I usually start up a couple hours before dark and before turning on the lights, and run for a couple hours after sun up and I turn the lights off. I’m thinking of installing a monitor system, there is another thread about that right now. The promariner P2060 is like 850$ so I think i will go with one of the other single bank chargers and maybe just stick with the deka deep cycle flooded for now and just monitor it better. Having the others 5years you can see I take care of the batteries. Thanks a lot for pointing out the weakness in the charger, honestly I hadn’t even seen that yet. I was so focused on the batteries, mainly my reason for posting was to get a second look at my numbers, I had the feeling there was something I wasn’t seeing but couldn’t figure it out. I’m better at welding and machining

leaky

Vice Admiral
I’m only using 50 amps at night, so a single 70 or 75 would still feed the battery, and I usually start up a couple hours before dark and before turning on the lights, and run for a couple hours after sun up and I turn the lights off. I’m thinking of installing a monitor system, there is another thread about that right now. The promariner P2060 is like 850$ so I think i will go with one of the other single bank chargers and maybe just stick with the deka deep cycle flooded for now and just monitor it better. Having the others 5years you can see I take care of the batteries. Thanks a lot for pointing out the weakness in the charger, honestly I hadn’t even seen that yet. I was so focused on the batteries, mainly my reason for posting was to get a second look at my numbers, I had the feeling there was something I wasn’t seeing but couldn’t figure it out. I’m better at welding and machining

Ya that will do it and $850 is a whole lot of coin for a charger no doubt.

Let us know what you do and what it ran you. I will soon need to pick a 1 or 2 bank (can go either way). Good to see what ends up being the most band for the buck.

Top Bottom