exhaust riser

Seaweags

Lieutenant
looking for an exhaust riser for a cummings 6cta8.3 450hp any help would be appriciated thanks engine is a 2004 not sure if that makes a difference or not im located in ct

djmarchand

Captain
Boat Make
Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
Other than the very simple Cummins riser, which really isn't a riser just an injection elbow that bolst up to the turbo, most risers are fabricated specifically to match the boat, layout and the height under the deck.

I know of a shop in NC and one in SoCal that can fabricate one for you. I am sure other forum members can recommend on nearer your location.

Where are you located?

David

Seaweags

Lieutenant
exhaust elbow

located in east lyme ct was hoping to find a used one to get me thru the season so i have time to build one an your right it is just a wet elbow but its bolted to a dry elbow witch is connected to turbo need to redesign whole set up in the fall

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
What kind of boat is it and which way are you headed w/ the exhaust? I don't have anything, but the more info you provide the better someone might be able to help you. Six inch exhaust back of the riser?

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
looking for an exhaust riser for a cummings 6cta8.3 450hp any help would be appriciated thanks engine is a 2004 not sure if that makes a difference or not im located in ct

located in east lyme ct was hoping to find a used one to get me thru the season so i have time to build one an your right it is just a wet elbow but its bolted to a dry elbow witch is connected to turbo need to redesign whole set up in the fall

Seaweags,

Start by reading these "exhaust design articles" by Tony Athens.
You might want to "give him a call" and ask if he has any "used" Cummins mixing elbows" kicking around his service/fabrication shop. You may get lucky.

Main Article on Marine exhaust Systems - Page 1

Seaweags

Lieutenant
found what i needed for now. been reading tonys articals apparantly i have bad design will redesign an build what i need this winter.thanks for the help alot of knowledge on this site. boat is a 36 wayne beal out of niantic ct called seaweags

Reelin

Lieutenant
If you have any questions Weags give me a call.

I learned alot when I put my 6B's in my boat.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
found what i needed for now. been reading tonys articals apparantly i have bad design will redesign an build what i need this winter.thanks for the help alot of knowledge on this site. boat is a 36 wayne beal out of niantic ct called seaweags

It looked like you guys were having some fun last week in front of Paynes.:p It was a good spot for the fireworks.

Seaweags

Lieutenant
we were, 10 days is a little to long not as young as i think anymore,, ha ha what was name of your boat, i usasally take my 16 ft carolina skiff around the harbour checking out all the down east boats always looking for ideas or upgrades

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
we were, 10 days is a little to long not as young as i think anymore,, ha ha what was name of your boat, i usasally take my 16 ft carolina skiff around the harbour checking out all the down east boats always looking for ideas or upgrades

The boat name is "Blitzen", I was anchored just behind the mooring field in front of the Sullivan house, about 500 feet downwind of you.

Seaweags

Lieutenant
Blitzen. I did see you , cruised by a few times nobody out on deck nice looking boat should be back for Labor Day weekend same spot stop by an see us if your around

Top Bottom