Extren

hmscapecod

Lieutenant
Hi. I know there has been some use of Extren on here by members but I searched and couldn't find too much info. I have seen some posts about having to mechanically fasten the extren to each other and to the boat and not being able to tab together. My question is... why can't they be tabbed together with poly or ve resin? The 500 series olive green beams are made of polyester resin and s glass fiberglass (according to strongwell). Anyone have experience with this?

thanks in advance.

Hurdy Gurdy

Lieutenant Commander
Went to the street corner..asked the guy,he had no idea what I was talking about...Bird... I had to leave it at that.your on your own man..good luck with your search!

hmscapecod

Lieutenant
I I read a few posts that came up in my search but all I really read was you cannot fiberglass to these. I downloaded the strongwell guide and called them. But they didnt really have a concrete answer.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

33youngbrothers

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
33' YB
We've used them for deck frames on two different boats so far and love them, save soo much time. Used polyester resin and glassed them together. Still holding strong after 5 years. Also used them for the support for my cabin/hauler.

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom