Fall at my place

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
When I saw who posted this and clicked on this I expected to see the ground covered in slow.
I'll bet soon enough !

There is plenty of slow on the mountain tops.:rolleyes: Its slow getting here this year usually by Halloween.:D
this is about a mile from my place
20131022_144106.jpg

20131022_134850.jpg

20131022_144106.jpg

20131022_134850.jpg

Last edited:

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
A little different here- about 50 miles from NYC and assholes everywhere. So many that I think I might be one...

Man that is a nice view (apart from the lack of ocean in it).

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Man Steve!!!! I've caught them from Colorado up to Montana and Northern Cal and none of them can hold a candle to those leopard bows you got there!!! You ever swing mice patterns to em'?

They do the mice out western alaska, when they are on the egg hatch they won't hit anything else, you have to have the right shade bead or it might be the difference between a 10 fish or 50 fish day. The good & bad part of fishing the Kenai is that its a world class fishery that you can drive to so it gets hit real hard. Its close to 200miles one way from my place to the kenai so i don't get down there enough. You should come up one fall and try it with me. I froze my ass off last fall fishing it, 20 during the day and 15 below at night. I've gotten into centerpin fishing its a killer way to get the perfect dead drift with the beads.
kenai trout centerpin 11.jpg
Kyle is the fish whisper !! i can fish a hole/run pick a couple of fish out of it, he comes behind me and gets 15 out of it and a couple might be 26-28" ??? Don't know how he does it ???
kyle's 24.jpg

kenai boat 1.jpg
dollies are fun also
kenai dolly.jpg
PA100003.jpg
Camp freeze our asses off
DSC_0249.jpg

kenai trout centerpin 11.jpg

kyle's 24.jpg

kenai boat 1.jpg

kenai dolly.jpg

PA100003.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

Last edited:

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
These are pretty much the best we get around here, lake runs are fun but nothing like the real deal. I got into swinging traditionals with spey/switch rods and lately I've been making my own cane rods, still trying to refine a taper for spey in a 7/8wt but got backed up making rods for friends. The past few seasons I've been on a mission to get one to take a dry, I've seen the buggers whack at indicators and had a big bull follow a waker but he wouldn't grab it!

DSCN0783.JPG

DSCN0832.JPG

I'm waiting out this next round of rain for a fresh batch of fish and will hit it with a now 7' 6wt. I snapped her at the ferrule fishing whipers, I was trying to throw 60' of double taper which ends up closer to a 8wt, heard the crack and nearly threw up! A friend fishes a center pin and his drifts are just ridiculous! He covers an entire run in one drift where I gotta work at it!

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Great lakes steelheads !! I used to go up to the Salmon river in NY, liked fishing with those big snowflakes piling up on my head !!

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
Used to fish the Salmon quite a bit but its a circus up there now, when I came out here you could have a good stretch of river to yourself but the circus moved here too. Luckily right down the road is "Hoga" you know the Burning River lol, but it see's enough chrome to hit it when the flow is right and no one thinks they clear the low-head damn so I typically have it to myself.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Steve, some of us fish good, and some of us look good, others cannot do either one, like myself!!

Tumble,now that is a cocker! The tug is the drug my friend!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom