Finally a Cape Islander

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Always!!!

I am looking for a mothership like that committee boat that came on here a few months ago that everybody shit on cause the motor wasn't right for it

Fouraces59

Commander
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
26 Seaway CC
Bos, remember I showed you some pics of this last Summer that I got from the owner.

Went and looked at this boat last August and went for a ride. Nice platform and size I was looking for but the home done finish is showing it's age at this point. Deck is soft in spots and the overhead is truly at about 6'. They raised the deck so there would be no engine box but didn't compensate for some one being tall.

Engine ran smooth but is actually tilted forward a bit as I remember but he said it was within specs of the manufacturer. Gunnel height is low due to high decks and fuel tank is under transom at stern.

Thought about it but for my purposes (part time commercial lobstering) but would require lots of work, remove transom and rip up deck, put fuel below deck and lower deck height, even by lowering deck and gaining overhead height at helm probably better to rebuild wheelhouse at that point, ultimately buying the hull.

Top Bottom