Find me a boat

Chiefleif

Lieutenant
Hey Guys,
Long time reader, not much to add most times.

Just a post to ask for help keeping an eye out for a boat.
Sold my 35’ Californian at the end of season. Was hoping to see a dip in the market to get into another boat to work on, but winter seems to be moving quickly. Starting to get stir crazy

Looking for a 30-42’, out on Long Island so need something with range. Hoping to cruise at 18knots.

Haven’t really seen much lately, thinking bhm or Duffy 35. Looked at a few JC that seamed to be cost effective but...

on hand cash Ebs and flows. $40k on hand now hoping to gather a few more pennies, 3 kids makes that tough.
Thank you in advance.
-Leif

primecut

Lieutenant
Honestly, I know the Californian pretty well. Brother in law owns one. Great riding hull. Finding something that compares to that hull, cheap?, That is going to be tough task.

Chiefleif

Lieutenant
Yah have had some sellers remorse, the Californian was a nice mix just a slow heavy boat.

looked at a few older Bertram’s that may fit the bill but hoping for a DE on this time around. All said and done $70k will be max unless I finance something, but someone once told me “no notes on boats”
Seen a few JC on here at the 30-70k range anyone have any thoughts on the hulls vs the bhm/duffy/etc
Guy in my yard said it is not a good riding de hull but I haven’t fished on personally
Thanks

Top Bottom