fired up the diesel heater today

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
test fired a used dickinson heater i picked up, seems to burn fine but it won't shut off, looked online and i think it might be the o-ring in the carburetor, i'll call dickinson in the morning and see what they tell me. I need to get it installed cause it ain't greening up around here at all this year and the weather is calling for measurable snow friday and saturday, no that will really suck big time.

20130515_182806[1].jpg

20130515_182806[1].jpg

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
test fired a used dickinson heater i picked up, seems to burn fine but it won't shut off, looked online and i think it might be the o-ring in the carburetor, i'll call dickinson in the morning and see what they tell me. I need to get it installed cause it ain't greening up around here at all this year and the weather is calling for measurable snow friday and saturday, no that will really suck big time.

View attachment 12713

does that rig have a built in CO monitor ?:confused:

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
does that rig have a built in CO monitor ?:confused:
Only need one if i don't run the stove pipe through the roof :eek:. I had a Dickinson diesel stove for 20 years on my bowpicker never any problems, always warm & dry in the house, this one should do the same.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Amazing, you got possible measurable snow expected and I'm watching the news right now, here in Ma we are expecting a high of 80 today.

You make me jealous when i see the green in your boat rebuild pictures. 34 degrees and cloudy as i'm writing this.

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Steve- Aren't you aware that running the Dickinson outside is going to heat up the atmosphere and cause more global warming? What are you thinking? Don't you care about the polar bears? Come on man :D.

BillD- Nice lawn, looks more like a park. There is plenty of room there to build your new downeast boat.;)

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Steve- Aren't you aware that running the Dickinson outside is going to heat up the atmosphere and cause more global warming? What are you thinking? Don't you care about the polar bears? Come on man :D.

BillD- Nice lawn, looks more like a park. There is plenty of room there to build your new downeast boat.;)

Those bears tie up some nice flies :D If this continues your going to be looking for a diesel stove for your new ride, you'll be freezing your butt off out in the inlet.

Top Bottom