First run of the season

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Moved the boat today from Huntington to Northport. First run of the season and knock on wood all systems are just the way I left them in December. Now its spring cleaning time.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
You guys are right the good old never fail trim tab was on. Gotta love nylon. Takes about 2 minutes to install each time. That there was at 14knts any faster I then need to switch to a smaller diameter.

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
I am sure its very simple but how do you install/attach the nylon line. I have thought of this for my SISI but I am afraid the rope will put pressure on the lifting/spray rails and break them. What size line do you use?

Last edited:

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Yeah lucky bastard is right, its 55 out now and I am going out of my mind! Can't wait to open up my novi with the new fin, wanna see if my little beast will hit 31+ knots in the corner.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
I am sure its very simple but how do you install/attach the nylon line. I have thought of this for my SISI but I am afraid the rope will put pressure on the lifting/spray rails and break them. What size line do you use?

Its is very simple on my rig. But before I go any further I just wanna add that I do not have lifting/spray rails that far aft so they are not a concern for. So Im not sure if this is possible with your SISU.

All I do is run the line through the haws pipe and tie off on one cleat and then dump the rest of the rope in the water on the same side(letting the rope get good and wet and then walk it behind the transom over to other side and then go through the other haws pipe(for argument sake lets say the port side). Once its on the port side I then pull up as tight as I can get it and tie it off. Then I go back to the starboard side(where I initially started from and tighten up the rope as much as I can. I do try to have the rope straight up and down once completely tight. Once I am underway the rope will stretch a little bit but thats okay.

As far as size rope goes, it depends on my load and speed desired for the run.

With a full charter(6guys) and gear I use 5/8" this will get me a nice steady cruise of 12-14knts.
If I desire say 15-16knts I'll go down to 1/2"

Full throttle no rope.

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
Masterenegade, thanks for the info. I might give it a try at slow speed and see how it works and see if I see an stress cracks on the lifting/spray rails.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Depending on how far your rails stick maybe put a block in there just to be on the safe side. Good luck and keep us posted.

Top Bottom