Fish permit

fiberglassmagic

Lieutenant Commander
Anyone know the going rate on a federal incidental shark permit?Figured some of you commercial guys would know.

Mvywheels

Commander
Boat Make
RI Marine
I got a directed one for 5k a few years ago, not sure about incidental. Call Bill Rocha at athearn marine 508-999-4505, he probly knows of a few for sale and prices

fishmanfh

Lieutenant
I paid $1800 for mine about 6 years ago. I doubt they have changed much.

fiberglassmagic

Lieutenant Commander
thanks

thanks for the phone number.Called today almost fell over 4 to five grand for incidental, going to have to call back maybe he was thinking directed.

kmac

Commander
NOAA Fisheries is no longer issuing new
shark limited access permits. To enter the directed or incidental shark fishery, fishermen must obtain a
permit via transfer from an existing permit holder who is leaving the fishery, subject to the vessel​
upgrading restrictions.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Made some calls down south where i used to fish directed. They are gonna shake some trees and see what falls out.

fiberglassmagic

Lieutenant Commander
thank you

thanks for looking..The only thing I can find is directed and they want way too much.Incidental should be cheaper but for the right deal I would take directed.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
U don't want anything to do with SERO or the directed permit. Its a fucking nightmare.

But yeah that's why I called some of the boys down south for ya. to see if one is kicking around.

Problem with the incidental is they wind up in tri packs

Mvywheels

Commander
Boat Make
RI Marine
U don't want anything to do with SERO or the directed permit. Its a fucking nightmare.

But yeah that's why I called some of the boys down south for ya. to see if one is kicking around.

Problem with the incidental is they wind up in tri packs

Ill second the nightmare! I never should of got mine, the only time I've actually shared directed was when our main shit the bed 5 min after we got to George's and waited 2 days for a friend to tow us in on his way home. Not the best trip in the world.... Lol

Top Bottom