FIY landlord

Quik Fix 16

Admiral
Boat Make
Shamrock
This pertains to Emerald Isle and my neighborhood in particular. Don't know about where you are. Raising the rent from $4500 a week to $6000 doesn't get you a better quality of renter. It gets you 4 families sharing your house instead of 2. Thats twice as much noise and garbage for us that actually live here.

AJ2020

Commodore
Lite User
Boat Make
Duffy 35

Quik Fix 16

Admiral
Boat Make
Shamrock
Not if the lease limits the number of persons per unit....or has built in rent increases per person over a set amount....
Really! And how about the septic permit limiting the number of people? House around the canal has an 8 person septic and this week has 7 SUV with about 10 kids in the pool. Owner lives in Baltimore and couldn't care less. House next to me has a 6 person permit and all week there have been 4 adults and 6 kids. Owner lives in Boston. Every house is the same. All weekly rentals.

AJ2020

Commodore
Lite User
Boat Make
Duffy 35

Quik Fix 16

Admiral
Boat Make
Shamrock
80% of the houses in this town are weekly rentals. Town board is made up of business owners, primarily reality. This is the best place I could ever want to live in but sometimes I really get a little pissed. Sat and Sun 4-5 mile back ups. Can't go anywhere. On the other hand the property taxes these rentals pay are the reason for my great little town. Used to be 10 week season, now it is 20 weeks and since covid, all year is more than I'm used to. I rant more than my allotment, sorry.

Dslpwr

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Mitchell Cove, 13’ Whaler
80% of the houses in this town are weekly rentals. Town board is made up of business owners, primarily reality. This is the best place I could ever want to live in but sometimes I really get a little pissed. Sat and Sun 4-5 mile back ups. Can't go anywhere. On the other hand the property taxes these rentals pay are the reason for my great little town. Used to be 10 week season, now it is 20 weeks and since covid, all year is more than I'm used to. I rant more than my allotment, sorry.
Rant away! I was doing same trying to get to a boat ramp yesterday to launch a lobster boat. People with effing kayak tour obliviously wandering around in the loading area. I love my train horns!

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Yup. My neighborhood in Newport turned into this over the past 10 years. They don't want any working people there, see the post. NY,NJ, Florida and Connecticut plates in every driveway.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 7.29.30 AM.png

Pedlyr

Captain
Same thing here in wonderfull South County. Houses that used to be 3 or 4 bedroom family homes are now 6 bedrooms and rented to college kids. Then Airbnb in the summer. Big problem at the community marina at the end of the street cause it’s guests with members present only.

Quik Fix 16

Admiral
Boat Make
Shamrock
Picture says it all. Have a safe trip back to Philly you low life, white trash, dirtbags. Garbage gets picked up on Tuesday. Thats 2 garbage cans. Think this may be a problem? 90* and hungry racoons. Woman that manages this property says the inside was trashed. Took 5 hours to clean instead of the usual 1 1/2. 4 adults and 6 kids out by 10, 4 adults and 4 kids in by 3. House has a 2 bedroom permit, thats 4 people. But who cares as long as the money keeps flowing?

garbage.jpg

Last edited:

harpoon83

Commodore
First Name
Colin
Def. shit bag owners and town officials allowing that to happen.

With that said, where I live all the Town Boards are Elected and no one new volunteers to be on them, so its status quo with the members.

Volunteer to be on a Board, I assume there are other people that think like you in the area that would vote you in and support your view of change.

If the only people who run for election are the real estate folks making money from these ventures then change that by being elected instead of them.

Top Bottom