Flipping My Lid

south shore

Captain
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Northern Bay
Ok now this might be the special question of the month. I have a five gallon bucket of core bond and I am trying to open up without breaking the whole damn lid. Is there a trick or some kind of special tool for this.
I would like to be able to open and close it as needed throughout the project. I am ready to get the Sawsall out and cut an 8 inch hole in the top an but in a deck plate in for e.z. access.

download (1).jpg

south shore

Captain
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Northern Bay
Looks good I will get one tomorrow and try it
Does It works even if the top is not score cut on the edge every 8 inches, the top is not like an average paint can

south shore

Captain
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Northern Bay
Will be taking it on and off multiple times so buying new ones is not the way to go. There must be something I am missing. Going to buy the tool know will see if that works

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

south shore

Captain
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Northern Bay
Did you cut the indents? That makes a big difference.
This lid has no slits to cut. Has a rubber seal / gasket under lid seals very tight. Had an old bucket with same lid Had to cut 8 slits through the edge band and down through the seal and still needed 2 screw drivers to put it off.
Industrial epoxy style container.

Last edited:

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
You gotta cut slits in the side of the lid say every 6 or 7” with a sawzall . I ran into the same thing first time I tried to open hull and deck putty

63E129CA-6C80-4EDF-99ED-792633ACEF1E.jpeg

harpoon83

Commander
First Name
Colin
If its a long term thing for opening and closing it, maybe transfer it all into a bucket with a screw-top lid. easy-peasy

Top Bottom