Floor question

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
This isn't the floor you are thinking of. I want to redo my hardwood flooring in my house, should I wait untill the spring when the wood swells and all the small gaps are gone or should I just do it now? (would rather do it now) Also anyone have an idea on what the cost is per sq ft? Thanks

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy
It doesnt really matter when you do it. Product selection is what really determains how much it will move around, typically the narrower the board the least amount of moving. In mass I pay about $7 sq ft for quarter sawn oak, installed and finished on site. I recently installed some prefinished oak by Bruce in my apartment building and payed 2.50 sq ft for the product and installed it my self. Installation is with 2$ ft here and finshing on site with 3 coats of poly is about 2$ a ft.
Hope this helps

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Thanks guys. I am. Going to get est. this week. The last time I did them myself and they lasted 12 years of abuse. It's time! Thanks again.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
Im in the bizz, let me know what you find that you like, I can drop ship it to you . Maybe save you some $.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Thanks Robert, just to clear it up I already have a floor I just need it refinished. My house was built in 1943, some of the boards are 20ft long.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
This isn't the floor you are thinking of. I want to redo my hardwood flooring in my house, should I wait untill the spring when the wood swells and all the small gaps are gone or should I just do it now? (would rather do it now) Also anyone have an idea on what the cost is per sq ft? Thanks

red oak raw 2.75x.75 tongue and groove installed sanded finished 3 coats poly $10.50 sq ft. COMPLETE

quote was yesterday hardwood flooring company southern NH I've used for my homes.

i'mthinkin it's about 3.50 sq ft sand and finish

Hammer Slammer

Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy
Bill at those numbers you are getting porked, just fyi... I pay 2$ a ft to install and 2$ to finish and then the wood. I do a lot of volume so i am sure I am getting a small break but I have been using the same guy for 10 years and i know he is not the cheapest but his work is first class.
Tuna, If you are talking a buff and coat it is a 1$ a foot

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Depending on who you use. To resand in finish it can start from $1.15 a sq foot to sand a 3 coats of poly ( the Asians). Or go up to a $2.50 a squar ft for a higher quality dust free system. Red oak my way should run you around 8$ a sq intsalled sanded and poly, give or take . Sq foot number changes the price .

I dont sell or install wood im in the buisness, and deal with it weekly. I could set you up with a company to drop ship the materials , but I cant recomend any guys out your way.
Hammers numbers seem more legit.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Bill at those numbers you are getting porked, just fyi... I pay 2$ a ft to install and 2$ to finish and then the wood. I do a lot of volume so i am sure I am getting a small break but I have been using the same guy for 10 years and i know he is not the cheapest but his work is first class.
Tuna, If you are talking a buff and coat it is a 1$ a foot

I'll check into that.
The quote was for:
red oak flooring
install
sand
finish X 3 coats.

pre finished is about 3 bucks sq ft less

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
to high Bill , $7 - $8 bucks for 3/4 red oak high quality with 3 coats of poly . all day

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
yup sounds better. I get faxes offen from Patriot , and others. when theres deals going on. Ill check to see if theres any Oak deals, sometimes it can drop real cheap.

Top Bottom