FLOWER'S East Coast 23' lobster top

mainely boats

Captain
We purchased a set of the original 23' Seaway molds last summer with 2 tops one center console and the other with a lobster boat style top. Decided to build the lobster top to see what it looked like and if anyone liked it and if we could maybe sell it.
My plan is to finish it in a simple rolled gelcoat finish (Carolina Skiff style) to keep the costs down. Also changed the name from a 23' Seaway to the East Coast 23'

EC 23' 001.jpg

EC 23' 002.jpg

EC 23' 003.jpg

23'   2 (4).JPG

23'   2 (5).JPG

Tunascapes

Commander
I had seen that kit on Craigslist. Looks good. It always amazed me how much bigger the 26 was than the 23. Completely different hull obviously. Any idea where the other molds are. I know eastern is building a few but are they the sames molds. A few years back when Harry was trying to get going again he had asked my dad if he could take his 26 to make a new mold. Seemed like the mold didn't even exist anymore. Nothing ever came it though.

mainely boats

Captain
I had seen that kit on Craigslist. Looks good. It always amazed me how much bigger the 26 was than the 23. Completely different hull obviously. Any idea where the other molds are. I know eastern is building a few but are they the sames molds. A few years back when Harry was trying to get going again he had asked my dad if he could take his 26 to make a new mold. Seemed like the mold didn't even exist anymore. Nothing ever came it though.
Boy! I don't have any idea. I repowered a hard chine 25' for Manly Gilbert in New Harbor about 100 years ago. I'm not sure if the 26' is the same hull or not. I have a 25' I built and took a splash mold from years ago...was always going to stretch it to a 27'

Tunascapes

Commander
Our 26 was built in 1984 and is hard chine. Might very well be the same hull. There seems to be many different styles of it running around. Good luck with the 23.

Could you get a small inboard into that hull our is it an OB only?

MikesMarine22

Captain
Boat Make
Holland 14, YB 33
I would like to take a look at one. Is there a deckplate mold for the center console as well? Is that the only boat you have together?

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Looks like a winner to me. The price I saw on Craigslist seemed very reasonable and a good value. Can you give us some details on the layup with photos? I wonder what kind of mold release you use. Thanks for posting.

mainely boats

Captain
Our 26 was built in 1984 and is hard chine. Might very well be the same hull. There seems to be many different styles of it running around. Good luck with the 23.

Could you get a small inboard into that hull our is it an OB only?
We can do anything but it's best suited for an outboard.

mainely boats

Captain
I would like to take a look at one. Is there a deckplate mold for the center console as well? Is that the only boat you have together?
This is the first one, I'm not quite sure what you mean by a deckplate mold...I think your talking the horse shoe mold for the forward deck and wash rails. We have that and 3 different console molds.

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
What's the layup on it?

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Polyester?

mainely boats

Captain
I measured the folksal mold for the 33' today, with very little trimming I believe I can build one and fit it into the 23' without the bulkhead or the deck. Tomorrow we'll start.

33' folksal 2.jpg

33' folksal.jpg

mainely boats

Captain
Glassed the skin out and structure. Fit Nyda Core and will vacuum bag it in the morning so long as we don't have to much wind...don't want to loose power in the middle of that.

23' v-berth 001.jpg

23' v-berth 002.jpg

23' v-berth 003.jpg

Top Bottom