For the Boston Whaler fans!

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
I feel like they didn't build a ton of these. I remember seeing a new one at Nauset Marine, which at one time was a huge BW dealer (may still be), but I don't recall seeing any on the water.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
A 31’ - not many made.

I’m a 13 Whaler guy, myself. The one I have now is a 2016. The last one was a 1988. There is no comparison between the two, the ride is infinitely better and being in Boston harbor that’s very important to me

Leprechaun

Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier

Bob Dougherty had a twin inboard whaler 'Whaler One' at his house on the South River in Marshfield years ago. Guess that was a perk of being a senior V.P. for Boston Whaler. Some local guy's still have whalers with experimental hull stamped in the well under the motor. That was a perk of knowing people that worked at Whaler!​

capt38

Lieutenant
Boat Make
31' Eastern / 18' Tripp

Bob Dougherty had a twin inboard whaler 'Whaler One' at his house on the South River in Marshfield years ago. Guess that was a perk of being a senior V.P. for Boston Whaler. Some local guy's still have whalers with experimental hull stamped in the well under the motor. That was a perk of knowing people that worked at Whaler!​

Back in the day, Dougherty & friends used to take those Whalers out to the mouth of the North River when the conditions were the worst, and put on an incredible show.

Dmsusa80

Ensign
Lite User

Leprechaun

Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier
Back in the day, Dougherty & friends used to take those Whalers out to the mouth of the North River when the conditions were the worst, and put on an incredible show.
Yes .... my buddy was 'The Corporate Fleet Captain' ... no wonder my knees are killing me,,, LOL

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
A 31’ - not many made.

I’m a 13 Whaler guy, myself. The one I have now is a 2016. The last one was a 1988. There is no comparison between the two, the ride is infinitely better and being in Boston harbor that’s very important to me
‘16 hull rides better I’m assuming….you can’t get a worse riding boat than an original 13’ Whaler.

CaseyMarie

Commander
First Name
Stu
Boat Make
Blue Seas, Boston Whaler
I'm a classic Whaler guy. I would love to get on a 31 sometime for a tour, but wouldn't want to own one. You could get the 27' and 27' Full Cabin with inboards. Also rare, there were even some hulls built with stern drives (yuck). Here's my 15' Mischief, tons of fun, and she gets alot of looks. Most people don't realize how good a classic 15' hull rides; better than the classic 16' and 17' Whaler hull. My dad was also the Corporate Fleet Captain at Whaler for many many years.

PXL_20210730_213838679.jpg

Top Bottom