For the Calvin Beal junkies

lobster12

Lieutenant
Peter I know this is very late notice but I am heading up to maine this morning to check out the new construction of the 44 CB. If you are available please give me a call. I would like to check out some of the 44 cb's in the water if possible.

-Mark 508 292 7555

FPTMarineDiesel

Captain
Peter I know this is very late notice but I am heading up to maine this morning to check out the new construction of the 44 CB. If you are available please give me a call. I would like to check out some of the 44 cb's in the water if possible.

-Mark 508 292 7555
Sorry, was in Ft. Lauderdale at the Int. Boat show there. Just saw my e-mail about this message. We will connect next time I am in MA, which will be quite soon. I will arrange it with Jon for maybe lunch or dinner.

Thanks for reaching out!

lobster12

Lieutenant
Last edited:

lobster12

Lieutenant
FTP C-13 arrived tuesday morning. First time I actually have seen one. The engineering of this engine for placement in a downeast or any lobster boat are evident. I like the complete port side service and the high dip stick will allow for a quick check deck plate. Looking forward to getting the hull delivered so we can keep this project going.

FPTMarineDiesel

Captain
Captain Ron update 36' Calvin Beal

Earlier in this thread there were updates and information provided by me about the 36' Calvin Beal we launched last year with an FPT C90 550 hp engine. Since that time the owner has applied lifting rails and will apply trim tabs at some point, but with lifting rails alone he has gained 2 knots at WOT speed and a knot at cruise while reducing fuel consumption.. It appears that the lifting rails do improve the hull efficiency for this hull quite a bit, and it reduced engine load so that the engine now turns 2550 rpm at WOT.. I thought that would be useful information for anyone that is building or has one of these hull types for future reference.

Best,

Peter

Last edited:
Top Bottom