FPT NEF 6.7s

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
Now that I'm "considering" a FPT NEF 6.7 engine for my new "virtual build" I figure it's time to ask for some specifics about the engine, service points, routine maintenance, ECM digital platform etc.etc. of the engine.

Peter,

Question #1:

What Teleflex electronic gauge panel comes with the NEF 6.7 Tier IIs and the newer NEF 6.7 Tier IIIs?

2600-2610 Display | SeaStar Solutions

GEM | SeaStar Solutions

Or is there a different Teleflex panel altogether ????

Thanks, Bill D

FPTMarineDiesel

Captain
Now that I'm "considering" a FPT NEF 6.7 engine for my new "virtual build" I figure it's time to ask for some specifics about the engine, service points, routine maintenance, ECM digital platform etc.etc. of the engine.

Peter,

Question #1:

What Teleflex electronic gauge panel comes with the NEF 6.7 Tier IIs and the newer NEF 6.7 Tier IIIs?

2600-2610 Display | SeaStar Solutions

GEM | SeaStar Solutions

Or is there a different Teleflex panel altogether ????

Thanks, Bill D
Hello and good morning Bill, please refer to this you tube video MVI 5923 - YouTube. This is the standard Teleflex display. We have a new display that is very nice with LCD color display and touch screen and is larger in dimension. I can send you an e-mail with that documentation for you to look at, however it is a $2500.00 option.

Regards,

Peter

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
Hello and good morning Bill, please refer to this you tube video MVI 5923 - YouTube. This is the standard Teleflex display. We have a new display that is very nice with LCD color display and touch screen and is larger in dimension. I can send you an e-mail with that documentation for you to look at, however it is a $2500.00 option.

Regards,

Peter

Got it!

No need to email me the "$new$" color panel !:(

The standard panel works fine. Accurate rpm, fuel usage, boost and the regular engine parameters is all I need.

OK, question # 2 ? The raw water pump on the 6.7s??

a. Would you please post the Jabsco pump FPT part # and the impeller part #.
Also post a breakdown schematic or a picture of the pump and the impeller.

b. Would it be possible for one of the techs who work on the 6.7s (both the Tier II and newer Tier III ) to confirm the changing of the raw water pump impeller "WITHOUT" removal of the aft end after cooler cap?

A few pictures or maybe a short video posted here would be GREAT ?

Also, is there an impeller removal tool needed to remove the impeller?

Thanks,

Bill D

Last edited:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Looks the same as the edc display I just added to my Volvo.

FPTMarineDiesel

Captain
FPT NEF Marine Jabsco Pump info

Hello Bill,

Model number of Jabsco pump used on all NEF engines is
50350-1101.

Impeller p/n Jabsco:
17018-0001

End cover and gasket:
X4020-269A

However, I can tell you that the impeller kit is cheaper through our parts dept. This has been found over time with our service dealers.

As for removing the impeller, the pump has two mounting flange bolts and you only have to remove the intake and outelt hoses not the end cap to the HX. Remove the pump in a matter of 15 minutes, literaly. Then in a vice on the bench you can use a standard impeller puller if needed. In most cases a couple of screw drivers and you can pull it right out. It is not difficult and many owners have replaced it themselves this way. You would only need a mounting o-ring for the pump to be re-mounted back on the engine and the impeller kit. I have done it myself many times.

Sorry, the breakdown is larger than the forum will allow. I can send it to you via e-mail with the document for the new panel.

Regards,

Peter

Last edited:

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
Hello Bill,

Model number of Jabsco pump used on all NEF engines is
50350-1101.

Impeller p/n Jabsco:
17018-0001

End cover and gasket:
X4020-269A

However, I can tell you that the impeller kit is cheaper through our parts dept. This has been found over time with our service dealers.

As for removing the impeller, the pump has two mounting flange bolts and you only have to remove the intake and outelt hoses not the end cap to the HX. Remove the pump in a matter of 15 minutes, literaly. Then in a vice on the bench you can use a standard impeller puller if needed. In most cases a couple of screw drivers and you can pull it right out. It is not difficult and many owners have replaced it themselves this way. You would only need a mounting o-ring for the pump to be re-mounted back on the engine and the impeller kit. I have done it myself many times.

Sorry, the breakdown is larger than the forum will allow. I can send it to you via e-mail with the document for the new panel.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks !!!!

Top Bottom