Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

starrfish

Commander
Boat Make
35 duffy
recess the bronze ones over the fills. slightly recess, so when you remove the cover nothing drains into the hole and ends up on top of your tank. for the pickups, i would plot out there location (which you already have) and just deck over them. whatever happens to that pickup will probably not be an on the water fix anyway. you could always isolate the bad tank and pump fuel out of it into the good one to get home if it was critical.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Travis
Source or link for a set that are low profile that you don't trip over or as I've been told by my coworker your dad used to glass over frame (not the hatch/lid) then grind so its flush with the deck ? I may consider doing that with all my hatches.
My fills are forward in wheelhouse, both beside the engine box.
My pick ups are aft about 5-6 ft from the transom.
Pain in the ass sticking up as people trip over them.
Having a hatch to access those necessary ?
I have basically a set of plans with pictures & measurements I made up so I know exactly where every stringer,hatch, hose ect.... is.
If there where ever an issue I could always locate them but obviously not while out on the water if there was an issue.

Ronnie, no expert here but "most" of the DEs I've looked over do not have hatches over the pickups.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
The bronze lip isn't terrible and won't really trip you up much. However when moving the couch around on deck it does fetch up with those little feet that are screwed to the bottom - guess couches don't come with "sea legs"

Here are a few photos of the recessed deck plate I put in back in '99 that I just took out of a boat. Going to get a brand new one put in shortly.

0422131306.jpg

0422131307.jpg

Top Bottom