Fuel price check ?

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
Can I at least get you guys to give up nukes!? Here is my argument:

I was a Merchant Marine Engineer, been everywhere, done everything. You never met a Navy nuke that wouldn't tell you how safe it was and how the mistakes that have been made in other countries (and ours) could never happen here. Backups for backups! But there are two things I KNOW. 1. Mechanical things break (often when it is super important that they don't) 2. People make mistakes (often when it is super important that they don't)

OK, then let's also include the FACT that spent fuel rods (currently stored in your literal nuclear backyard) have to be cared for for the next 10-20 THOUSAND years. What is the longest continuous civilization that you know of? Romans with somewhere around 1000 years of control of some part of the world? Maybe the Chinese? There is somewhat continuous civilization there for the past 2-4000 years, depending on what you define as civilization. This means that even if we could get the spent fuel rods out of the cooling pools at Pilgrim Station in Plymouth or out of Seabrook Station or out of Millstone Station (which we can't), we still have to safely transport, store and protect them longer than any civilization known to man has existed. OK, that is possible, but is it likely? I don't believe it is. And as a group of people who enjoy the water, look at what happened to the fishing around Fukushima, Japan. Is that an acceptable risk?

Let's burn some more gas in the short term (there are a handful of CCGT powerplants in the ISONE region that are not spinning because of low prices in the spot market) and stop pursuing nuclear power because of the risk and waste it creates.

fishfull thinker

Commander
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Coombs Cove……unfinished.
Just heard on the news that POTUS just landed in Nantucket, wonder how many times the plane had to stop and re-charge.

My wife must plan his trips.. not the best time of year for the beach!
Without fail my wife is the only person on earth that can pick a 50 degree week in Florida in July.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
If you know, you know... FJB

Last edited:

Tuna Hotline

Captain
Can't wait to see what the price is at Nantucket Boat Basin this summer. Last season I paid $6.35/gal there when prices were much lower than today. Hopefully they use lube.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Market getting pounded at the moment. Down almost 23 cents on news UK not allowing flights out of Africa due to covid concerns.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Covid will be exploding after the holidays. With that said and looking at the data Massachusetts is the 5th highest in the country for vaccinated residents by percentage(around 71% vaccinated) and #2 in the country for new covid cases. I am not a genius by any stretch but it seems to me that the vaccination status is better for peoples mental health than it is their actual health. Who would have thought.

Last edited:
Top Bottom