Fuel price check ?

05bill

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
Would not be surprised at 5 bucks a gallon. Stay close to home at that price. Open the Keystone !!!! Start fracking !!!

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Went up 10 cents at 1 pm. If this is still down monday it will shoot up. Should not really have an impact on diesel prices

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Fill your tank with gas today. That pipe is a big feed into NE. Even being down a few days will mean trouble for gasoline prices. Entire network down.
I figured you would be on the pulse of this Lou. Thank you

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Lou, doesn't most of New England get it's gasoline from ships as the pipeline affected by the hack doesn't come this far north? New England is cut off from the Colonial Pipeline. We have a lot of ships arriving here in Providence and that fuel goes into a line that ends in Springfield Mass. There are many ships that arrive in Boston and Portland from overseas that do the same thing moving gasoline around New England not in the pipeline affected by the hack.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
That is true, we do have ships moving gasoline along the east coast. However those ships are scheduled well in advance. You cant just make a call and ship shows up the next day . The colonial pipline is the biggest pipeline in the USA. It carries several finished products and supplies 45% of the fuel used on the east coast. Taking it off line is a major problem for prices because pumps 3 million barrels a day into the east coast. Starting it back up will be a big deal as well. They will also use any excuse to jack up prices and this is a good one. Anytime you disrupt the supply chain it affects prices in many markets. Most of the gasoline feeding ports along the east coast comes out of NYH. That pipeline feeds NYH and is then loaded onto ships and moved to other terminals.

Last edited:

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Lou when we were carrying large amounts of gasoline up the east coast, discharging in New York and New Jersey very little of it went past New Haven and Providence by barge to get into the pipe line for New England. Northern New England already has it supply set up to arrive from Canada and overseas by ship months in advance. My point is that New England should not have any issue with supply but will most certainly have a price spike just because they can.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Lou when we were carrying large amounts of gasoline up the east coast, discharging in New York and New Jersey very little of it went past New Haven and Providence by barge to get into the pipe line for New England. Northern New England already has it supply set up to arrive from Canada and overseas by ship months in advance. My point is that New England should not have any issue with supply but will most certainly have a price spike just because they can.
That pipline leaves Georga and travels right into NY which is the hup for all things energy related. Its 45% of our daily needs. Since the hack didnt damage any pipline my guess it will be back on line shortly but its already effecting prices. Global went up 10 cents a gallon at 1 pm yesterday. They will all move higher. Im less concerned about supply issues. Ships will get deverted if its prolonged. This is more of a short term price spike issue at the moment. Anything that affects NYH will affect other terminals.

scbob

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Provincial 42 "Spanish Wells"
Norfolk VA $2.44 for diesel at Top Rack Marina.
My gauges are not reliable, so I keep a log and check the site tubes. Glad I did today.
Will get about 200 gals tomorrow to get me home.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Norfolk VA $2.44 for diesel at Top Rack Marina.
My gauges are not reliable, so I keep a log and check the site tubes. Glad I did today.
Will get about 200 gals tomorrow to get me home.
Your very lucky to get fuel in that area. Also lucky to get that price. Things should return to normal by the weekend hopefully.

mako69

Lieutenant
3.40 yesterday Oceanside Ny... but thats Cuomo slapping a buck on it too

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

chrisc13

Ensign
Diesel was $2.78 or $2.68 with Seatow at Mystic Marine Fules in Boston this morning. And gas was $3.10

Top Bottom