Fuel stick (wood)

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
Paint one side flat black. Makes it much easier to see the line.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I don't think many if any of the folks here use a guage stick for fuel, they all believe what their garmin machines hooked into their outboards tell them for gallons used and gallons left in the tank !! Lots of them will run 250 miles on a weekend fishing trip.

greg

Captain
I don't think many if any of the folks here use a guage stick for fuel, they all believe what their garmin machines hooked into their outboards tell them for gallons used and gallons left in the tank !! Lots of them will run 250 miles on a weekend fishing trip.

Nahh. My tanks don't have an inspection port I can put a stick down into. I do have an electronic tank guage which gives me an overall idea.

Mostly, i just don't cut it so close I need to know when I'm on fumes. For offshore trips, I carry a fuel bladder to make sure I have more than enough.

Ultimately, I will put in a flowscan and a pump with filter so I can get the last of my starboard tank dumped into my port. Maybe I'll add an inspection port for a stick. These are ffp's though. Lots of stuff to do before then.

Digger

Lieutenant
Used a scrap piece of teak marked at 50 gal increments its been living on top the tank for 4 years and looks the same as when she started

Top Bottom