Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
GP-1870_left_01.jpg

PDF Brochure of New 1670/1870 Series
These units were recently announced in Europe, and slated for release at FLIBS this year, 3rd quarter. They can use the C-MAP4D cartography, however the US versions will also support the NOAA Raster/Vector charts as well. The Combo units will come with a built in 1kW sounder, similar to the BBDS1 with the bottom discrimination feature and probability curve. There's been a long wait for a replacement for those original Furuno smaller units, I'm personally excited and looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

burley

Lieutenant
any Idea on price. ? I loved my 1650, my 1850 now seems like a dinosaur. this unit looks nice. I know you don't like garmin but they are hard to compete with at small boat price points.

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
any Idea on price. ? I loved my 1650, my 1850 now seems like a dinosaur. this unit looks nice. I know you don't like garmin but they are hard to compete with at small boat price points.

No real pricing announced yet, but the 1670F Combo has a European List Price of $1495 USD, and the 1870F Combo has a price of $2195 USD. These are just the Euro to Dollar converted numbers, and really no indication on how Furuno USA will price them. It honestly depends on the Yen to Dollar Exchange Rate at the time of release. That's basically what fuels the prices on companies like Furuno, Icom, Si-Tex/Koden, and Standard Horizon here in the States, as they are basically 'distributors' in the sense that they have to purchase the equipment at a set price and sell from there. If the rate gets worse after that, the lower the margins they make on the equipment they sell. And of course, raising prices is the worst thing anyone can do in this economy. That's another reason the price on the TZ Touch displays is so high, besides the fact that it was built to MIL-SPEC, and the reason Furuno USA can't lower prices on their VX2 or 3D units. When you have a company like Garmin that controls its own means of production in Taiwan with all kinds of tax breaks, it enables them to sell at lower prices, same with Lowrance who builds everything in Mexico in their own factory. Raymarine outsources their gear to Hungary, and the Euro hurt them as well. At least since FLIR bought them, they decided to spend more on their internal components and switch their finishing factory. The quality of their equipment has become much better over the past year. Sorry for the rant, I figured I'd give some insight on why certain numbers seem so crazy.

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
In case anyone did stumble upon this thread, I did happen to dig up a working 1650D. Not a combo unit, just a differential model. Willing to take any reasonable offer.

Seacaptn3

Ensign
Furuno 1650

Thank you for the reply. I bought one on ebay and then found another one so i now have 2 and i will be selling the Furuno 1650 WF and i currantly have it up for sale so if anyone is interested i will pull the e bay listing and sell it to one of the members for what i paid plus shipping.

Top Bottom