Garmin 740s @ west marine

ulf75

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
37' Repco (project)
So West Marine having a 1 day sale on the Garmin 740s (without ducer).

$750, 250 off.

Any thoughts? Good price?

This would be for my 20' CC, in shore/ near shore fishing.

Currently using a garmin 441s, thinking it would be nice to have a bigger screen. Will be removing this from boat when not in use.

Thanks.

Duke

Commander
Lite User
Boat Make
Dyer 29

5akman

Commander
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
I bought one last year and loved it but...... it did randomly freeze up on me and the radar would go whacko every so often. I pulled it off the boat in AK and have it here at home in CA and need to contact Garmin before my warranty is up. Got the 18 mile HD radar and b60 transducer, both worked great, when the worked! :)

PenBayCruiser

Lieutenant
Boat Make
1987 Shannon 32 Brendan
A little late, but a good deal

I had a Garmin 740s with 18" radar. Networked to this was a pair of fuel flow meters (had gas engines) & an Airmar transducer. This set up worked very well, though I wouldn't want a screen any smaller. Sold with the boat last spring.

When looking see what deals are currently out there found this; 740s with 24" GMR radar for $1200.50 at Garmin 740s GPSMAP GMR 24 HD Radar Bundle - Mars Marine Sports. The price is about 1/2 what that of 3 years ago. I've read that the prices are dropping no that these becoming old technology. Another nice price ($1000.50) for Garmin 5212. I haven't done any business with them but am temped to buy 740s for Spindrift.

ulf75

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
37' Repco (project)
it was a one day sale, a day or 2 after OP, probably looking to get rid of old stock.

I didn't pull the trigger. Gonna go with a Raymarine unit with downscan instead.

DM_PNW

Lieutenant
I was meaning the Mars Marine prices. Although I'm sure some feel that way about West Marine. I almost picked up a Simrad NSS8 from them today, got out before damaging my wallet.

Top Bottom