Garmin + Airmar

Discussion in 'Marine Electrical / Electronics' started by Blacktide, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Blacktide

Blacktide Senior Member

Boat Make:
    Northern Bay 36
    I am trying to figure out how to hook up a garmin 4212 to my existing Airmar ss270 transducer.
    From what I have determined so far this mating is possible and I am guessing that I need to add a g24? sounder module. Does any here have any experience with this set up or offer any insight.

2. The Gaff

The Gaff Member

Charter Owner/Operator
    Boat Make:
    26GM
    Garmin support.com or .net something like that its Garmin tech support they R always helpful
    . GL

3. RCLS2016

RCLS2016 Member

Maintenance Tech
    Boat Make:
    26 SISU
    Blacktide,
    The GSD24 module is compatible with your chart plotter. Depending on the pinout, you may need an adaptor to go from your transducer cable to the sounder module. 6 or 8 Pin.. from GEMCO. You can use their chart Gemeco | Adapter Guide or call Airmar and get the part number. Garmin also makes a junction box that is compatible with your transducer and is very simple to install. (Garmin PN: 010-11613-00.) It splices your existing transducer. I have only used them to connect directly to the newer Garmin XSV displays so far but it works great. It is really designed to connect to the GSD24. The installation instructions list your transducer and show you what wires to connect to each terminal too so you should be good to go. If you have any doubts speak to Airmar and Garmin as The Gaff said. Just to verify. Hope this helped.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Blacktide likes this.
  4. Blacktide

Blacktide Senior Member

Boat Make:
    Northern Bay 36
    Sounds good! I will get the gsd 24 and get started ,thanks.