Gelcoat Spray Gun

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
guns a piece of crap, i got the 200 mix gun. ok prinicple but totally reliant on cheap orings (poor machineing). Gun ONLY SPRAYSON A DOWN ANGLE, AND GELCOAT POURS OUT IF YOU DONT FLIP IT UP WHEN DONE SHOOTING. The only real purpose for this gun is shooting molds. dont expect to do finish work. i would not buy it again, i wind up only using mine for shooting customer bilges where i need to dump alot of material.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Jim,I agree 100 percent.......mix it up a half a gal....fill it to the brim...and then give it to a toddler.....and say bring that to daddy......you get the same results..lol

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Thanks for info . Never used one. Was thinking of buying one . I have decided against it now. Thanks for saving me the loot.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Thanks for info . Never used one. Was thinking of buying one . I have decided against it now. Thanks for saving me the loot.

You can use mine. It Works fine. I would think a cup gun isn't used for spraying molds unless they are really small molds for some gadget or something. It is far better than rolling or brushing at finish coats. It wasn't gel coat but I've sprayed thousands of gallons of 2 part duraine and bostic . They are urethane primer and finish. however they are spelled:grin: Maybe I am just doing something I don't know I'm doing due to past spraying history??? Or maybe the others are using the wrong gun for the purpose it was intended to be used for? Again, mine works fine and it is what I used to spray the duffy hull finish coats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom