Georges Bank DE Tuna

tashmoo2

Commander
We just won the lottery and I want to buy DE boat to fish for Tuna on Georges Bank in October without worrying too much about fuel or weather. Only kidding of course about lottery.

thought this would make an interesting discussion

j dandy

Lieutenant
Hi ed. the king would joke about it, my ford f-350 he had a chair in the back , and swivel rod holders in the rail, but he couldn't figure out how too get it too float!

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Wait talking about the Five Ladies? LOL Sweet boat... I was next to them on Wednesday, I think we both did the same fishing but I only spent 10 gallons in diesel... I was warm, dry and stretched out on my couch waiting for fish. LOL We'll we just moved around a lot more...

WhaleTail

Lieutenant
45'x16'8" Dixon just like the Tuna Tangler Too. It's on dixon's website. Paul Sterns runs it , the boat must have a hundred rod holders.

image-1.php.jpeg

image.php.jpeg

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Who runs Hot Tuna, thinking its a Dixon as well. They were next to me for one year before we sold the boat.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Who runs Hot Tuna, thinking its a Dixon as well. They were next to me for one year before we sold the boat.
Hot tuna is a 45 streched to 48 it is owned by Tim Ott his son TJ runs the boat when his father is not there..very nice guys

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
The owner doesn't run it right? Owner is some car dealer or something. The guy that runs it is a portly guy, big curly hair and full beard?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
THose DIxon's are sweet but even a 48 doesn't seem real big on Georges in Oct.

Here's my buddy Ronnie's grander and a few other nice ones. 38 Northern Bay Jamie Toy

grander.jpg

007.jpg

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
The owner doesn't run it right? Owner is some car dealer or something. The guy that runs it is a portly guy, big curly hair and full beard?
There family is in the auto body biz....Tim the father doesnt fish that much anymore....his son runs the boat mostley

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Thanks for the info.

That's a nice tuna problem to have.

Does anyone know if Five Ladies is a 50? I swear in the early 2000's that thing just looked like a beast. I actually didn't like the deck/freeboard seemed to high. Fished next to it Wednesday and didn't look that big.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

JasonD

Lieutenant Commander
5 ladies is a BIG ole sumbitch. Tuna Tangler and Herbies old Fishbucket are perfect Georges Boats love those Dixons. I'd venture off there on this craft...46 Jarvis

jarvis.jpg

HarborRd

Lieutenant
Thanks for the info.

That's a nice tuna problem to have.

Does anyone know if Five Ladies is a 50? I swear in the early 2000's that thing just looked like a beast. I actually didn't like the deck/freeboard seemed to high. Fished next to it Wednesday and didn't look that big.

I'm with you on the freeboard thing Shawn. I think the boat needs a tall trunk and house in order to make it look proportionate. My eye doesn't like the big downeasts with really high sheers, where the level of the deck is way off the waterline. Looks like it would be tough to even reach the water from the cockpit--would make tail-roping and bleeding a fish pretty damn hard.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
5 ladies is a BIG ole sumbitch. Tuna Tangler and Herbies old Fishbucket are perfect Georges Boats love those Dixons. I'd venture off there on this craft...46 Jarvis
I would go on my 45 mdi but i would like to repower with a new c18 1015 hp cat first...lol maybe next year

Scan(5).jpg

commtuna

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2000 tons of steel
Think BIG. Think FAST. Think DIXON!

TJ's "Hot Tuna"...

Top Bottom