Getting in the Game???

Cichlidgeek

Lieutenant
Hey guys,
I've had the itch for a few years now to get a small DE and do some recreational lobstering and other recreational fishing. Problem is that I'm really having a hard time finding a boat that will suit my needs.

I'd like to get something in the 30-foot range, and along the lines of a 29 H&H or 32 MC. I surly cannot afford anything larger, and smaller "skiffs" have never really appealed to me much.

A few years ago, I passed on a fixer-upper MC 32 that had all sorts of potential, but I was too stupid to realize it.

I am a no-frills kind of guy. I drive a basic pickup and want my boat to be the same. No fancy things, just plain-Jane lobster-type setup. I don't need a big, fast engine.....in fact I like going slow.

Any ideas where I could go for a plain-Jane setup?

What type of price could I expect on a new build H&H 29??

Thanks guys, I appreciate any feedback you all can offer.

:)

Last edited:

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Hey guys,
I've had the itch for a few years now to get a small DE and do some recreational lobstering and other recreational fishing. Problem is that I'm really having a hard time finding a boat that will suit my needs.

I'd like to get something in the 30-foot range, and along the lines of a 29 H&H or 32 MC. I surly cannot afford anything larger, and smaller "skiffs" have never really appealed to me much.

A few years ago, I passed on a fixer-upper MC 32 that had all sorts of potential, but I was too stupid to realize it.

I am a no-frills kind of guy. I drive a basic pickup and want my boat to be the same. No fancy things, just plain-Jane lobster-type setup. I don't need a big, fast engine.....in fact I like going slow.

Any ideas where I could go for a plain-Jane setup?

What type of price could I expect on a new build H&H 29??

Thanks guys, I appreciate any feedback you all can offer.

:)

From what i learned in the search for my boat i'd say a new 29 H&H with decent power would cost ya 125-140,000 for a turn key new rig.

Top Bottom