gillnet flaker

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Gillnet flaker/stacker

Any idea what size the rubber tires on a flaker/stacker are ?? I'm thinking 6-8" wide x 11-12" tall ??

Last edited:

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
For the guys that have used a stacker/flaker what would you change on them if you could ???

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
What would you change other than the amount of time our asshole goverment will let us use them you mean?

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
I tried to find some photos to see what the size was I used but no luck. If I remember right the tires were wider than they were tall. Can't think of anything I would change aside from the bolt for the mount, it might have been just they way ours was set up but if you had any decent wind blowing up the flakers ass the mesh would get hung on the bolt. No biggie really but when you get all liced up and the net would pile up behind you as you pick bones it was just another pain in the ass that slowed you down.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Yeah bolts and or bolt heads i'm sure would hang web up. Little bit of splashzone over the bolt heads would take care of any hangs. I'm thinking of building one thats why i'm asking. Can't see paying 3-4 grand for one when i've got enough aluminum/ hydraulic motors laying around here to put one together, buddy mig/tig welds so i'll fab it up and let him squirt it together. I found some tires online 11" tall, 8" wide. When they raise the daily quota to 10,0000lbs of dogs i'll be callin ya with a job offer :D
Something like this is what i'm shootin' for
net flaker 2.jpg

net flaker 2.jpg

pugsley

Captain
our quota is 8k a day right now, and i don't think anyone has gone, can't give them away.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
our quota is 8k a day right now, and i don't think anyone has gone, can't give them away.

Is that a state quota ?? I thought it was 4k or is that only for federal waters ?? I think the pt pleasant guys are fishing them.

pugsley

Captain
8k is the nc daily trip limit, and this is going to be another year that the quota will not be met.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Yeah, I overheard a fish dealer talking on the phone last month, saying something about 7 cents or some shit. I assumed it was dogs. Trip limits go up and they want you catch more fish for the same or less money: such bullshit.

ripta13

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1996 31 BHM
iv used several different flakers and the best set up was one that was mounted so you can shift the flaker forward and back and also left and right. made it alot easier when loading on multiple strings and also helps adjusting for wind if you have a small pen. Make sure the hydraulic lever is close to where the flaker man would be standing for when you get binded up and need to shut it down and reverse the net out. also bring a small basketball pump on board the first few trips to adjust the tire pressure to grab the float line better…..wow 7 cents for dogs in mtk i think the going rate now is 15cents a lb for the box lol.

Top Bottom