Glas-Spec boats?

HarborRd

Lieutenant
Anybody heard of this builder? I knew of one down on the Cape a few years back that was a good looking, solid boat and have heard of a few others. Anybody have any background, i.e. who designed the hulls? The one I knew of was around 34'-35'.

Downeaster

Lieutenant Commander
Anybody heard of this builder? I knew of one down on the Cape a few years back that was a good looking, solid boat and have heard of a few others. Anybody have any background, i.e. who designed the hulls? The one I knew of was around 34'-35'.
Try the forum's search function. There was a discussion about GS in a thread under the title of Mussel Ridge - you participated in that thread as I recall.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
They were a small company that had two molds in Surry Maine..they went out of business ...H & H bought there molds and are still building those models

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
41 Glas Spec

Here's a pic of Tony Athens' (Seaboard Marine, CA) brother's boat.
Tony built this rig a few years back.
Glas Spec in Surry Maine layed up the hull with a modifed keel.
The hull was trucked back to Oxnard CA. to Seaboard for the build.
Tony's brother is a commercial fisherman out on the west coast.
The boat is a twin screw DE with a modified keel.
I've got quite a bit of info on the boat.
I'm thinking the boat is on it's 2nd or 3rd pr.of diesels,
+30,000 hours..

I'm thinking right now the boat has a pr. of Yanmar 6lps with remote Vdrives.

41 Glas Spec.jpg

Hammer Slammer

Commander
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I believe that H and H has the molds now, the 34 and 36. The Peggy B 2 out of wychmere is a glass spec, owned by Ronnie Braun.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Any ideas what they are setting the line out for?
Here's the answer to your question!

"Main money is "lighting for squid"-- He has 30,000 watts of lights.. He did 7000 tons this season that closed about 3 weeks ago ( that's about $600K to the boat)"

"Other than that, it's "what ever happens to bite the hook".. That's a 10 mile reel of 1200 lbs test mono ( about 4 mm in diameter)"

Crazy Ivan

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26 Duffy (sold)
Glass Spec

The name Glass Spec is still a sore subject in Maine. In the eighties they were under bidding everyone and selling a lot of boats. After finally after figuring out that they were losing money they went bankrupet (and keeping a lot of deposits).

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Man I spent a lot of time on the lady j out of Gloucester great boat slow olny has 350 HP 10kt boat but it go through anything an it will take a shitload of weight great boats

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
What 41 didn't glasspec make a 36 and 43 or something like that I fished on a 43 and there tanks
They made a 34 and a 42....which were bought by H&H.... The Fishermen II in montauk is a 42 with a flybridge ....owned by Paul Giangreco it was one of the last ones to be taken out of the yard by the Marshall

Last edited:
Top Bottom