Going to a morse single lever for outboard.... What do. Do for a trim switch?

Alison Tuna

Captain
Boat Make
Privateer
Cleaning up my console for the winter. Gauges and also a new morse (teleflex) single lever MT-3 but it doesn't have a trim switch. Just looked in Hamilton Marine and didn't see any unique switches in there book.

Any ideas? I sure they make it right?

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
Last edited:

pugsley

Captain
just about any spring loaded switch will work, i know seachoice makes one, it's pretty cheap, but it works for they are labeled

"mom on" "off" "mom on"

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Cleaning up my console for the winter. Gauges and also a new morse (teleflex) single lever MT-3 but it doesn't have a trim switch. Just looked in Hamilton Marine and didn't see any unique switches in there book.

Any ideas? I sure they make it right?

I believe that any standard 3 position momentary contact switch should do the job for you. Just mount it on the dash and run the trim wires from the motor harness to the switch. If it operates backwards, just swap the wires on the switch.

Last edited:

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

pugsley

Captain
That's what I figured but I'm worried about the wiring. There a blue, black and white wire.... I would have to figure out which wire goes where

usually they are blue red and green, but anyhow, just cross them, (two at a time) and see what happens you can't hurt a thing. the blue should be up.

Top Bottom