Goings on out @ Seaboard Marine

cb34

Rear Admiral
Shut off valves

Bill, searched everywhere for those little fuel line shut off valves. Any idea where I can purchase them? thanks

Tunacious

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Blackman
You can buy the shut off valves from Seaboard Marine. The priming bulbs work good also during a filter change.

Last edited:

fishmanfh

Lieutenant
On which side of the fuel filter do you put the priming bulb and ball valves. I am guessing they are between the fuel filter and engine, not the fuel tank and engine? thanks

cb34

Rear Admiral
fuel line

It's my understanding that it should be placed between the fuel tanks and the first stage filter. Tony's set up appears to be 3/8 ID not 1/2" ID? Very difficult to purchase from Tony's shop because they are so busy.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
It's my understanding that it should be placed between the fuel tanks and the first stage filter. Tony's set up appears to be 3/8 ID not 1/2" ID? Very difficult to purchase from Tony's shop because they are so busy.

Will, you are correct, Seaboard is busy as all hell.

I am calling in an order for this week for a few SEAMAX 205F coolant alarm switches. Do you want me to order 2-3 shut offs for you ??

Bill D

cb34

Rear Admiral
Valves

Bill, are they 3/8 ID or 1/2 ID? Also, I spoke with Tony a while back regarding alarms for my QSB. What would you suggest?

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Massive gear and so clean/serviceable. I love it.

I realize this is an old thread but thought I would ask because I have never seen a remote v drive setup like this and it looks great. In a past life I was an off road enthusiast and broke "a few" driveshafts and more than one shop that made replacements for me always suggested that shafts be installed with their U joints out of phase with eachother meaning that the C shaped end sections of the shafts are at 90 degrees to eachother to help reduce vibration. Does this matter in this setup? Cant tell how they are installed from the pics.

Also, is that aluminum angle holding the V drive? This technology is pretty exciting- makes pulling an engine a much easier thing assuming you have hatches above.

greg

Captain
Quick question. I've installed this exact set of parts from seaboard and had an air leak when I first used them. I think its resolved, but I notice that it looks like you put a bolt into the hole where you don't have a vacuum gauge.

I actually have two gauges, one on each filter, but there are also two filter ports on the back side of the housing as well. Currently, they just have the red plugs in them.

I assume I should put machine screws into those holes with thread lok?

Do you know off hand what the thread size is?

Thanks

filters.jpg

5akman

Commander
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
Where was your fuel/air leak? I installed the SB filters and FloScan unit on my 3208 and have a leak somewhere that causes me to either have to prime every overnight start or crank the engine like crazy.

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
I'd be tempted to put a loop on that driveshaft. I wouldn't want the driveshaft to break a hole in the hull or come up through the floor under someone if a U joint failed.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I would like to think that would be a NPT fitting... not screw thread...

greg

Captain
Where was your fuel/air leak? I installed the SB filters and FloScan unit on my 3208 and have a leak somewhere that causes me to either have to prime every overnight start or crank the engine like crazy.

Turned out to be a hose. Must have been a pinhole or hairine crack in it. My guess is all the handling while putting the new parts in opened up an old defect. I didn't use new hoses like I should have, but didn't have them and needed to do the install. You can try pressurizing the filter assembly and looking for the leak with soapy water. You can also add some clear plastic hose after the filter and look for air bubbles.

Sean, they probably are NPT, but I'd just like to know first. I guess I could get the spec on the vacuum gauge and try to match that.

It just looked like Bill had a bolt that fit right in.

Last edited:

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I just upgraded to the bulk seperator only... Was kinda wierd was out for 30 minute and then got an air issue, then never saw it again for hell 50 hours its been fine. Racor has stayed cleaned as well. Wish I had a gauge on the bulk seperator to know if it was dirty or not. I have a couple ideas...

greg

Captain
I just upgraded to the bulk seperator only... Was kinda wierd was out for 30 minute and then got an air issue, then never saw it again for hell 50 hours its been fine. Racor has stayed cleaned as well. Wish I had a gauge on the bulk seperator to know if it was dirty or not. I have a couple ideas...

Is the bulk seperator a racor or spin on fleetguard?

If racor you can take out the Tee handle and put a guage in there. That's how the r900 I took out was set up.

delucat2

Lieutenant
Is the bulk seperator a racor or spin on fleetguard?

If racor you can take out the Tee handle and put a guage in there. That's how the r900 I took out was set up.

The bulk is gonna eat a lot of crud before it has issues. Try letting it go, then cutting open after 2000 gallons of fuel or so go through it. That will give you a really good idea of what is in your tanks and the fuel from the dock.

Top Bottom