Duffy 31

junkman

Commander
Lite User

Baggywrinkle

Lieutenant
Boat Make
RP Boat Shop Willis Beal 31
I tried one on my Krogen Trawler. I had 8 Trojan T-145s aboard and was using @ 400 amp hours per day. The install was reasonable. The problem was telling what “full” was. It seemed you could pump forever. I ended up with a dry cell despite the system. Went back to hand-watering.
Switched to AGMs with next boat.

craig in Camden

LMcF

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 31
I tried one on my Krogen Trawler. I had 8 Trojan T-145s aboard and was using @ 400 amp hours per day. The install was reasonable. The problem was telling what “full” was. It seemed you could pump forever. I ended up with a dry cell despite the system. Went back to hand-watering.
Switched to AGMs with next boat.

craig in Camden
Thanks Craig for the feedback. Not a good sign. I was wondering about overfilling as well. Anybody have a different experience?

Dave588

Lieutenant Commander
If the tubing was clear and stood up off each cell better, you could fill to top of cell without having all cells connected together.

NC_Colfax

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

LMcF

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 31
We have these on all of our rider jack and forklift batteries. We also use a LED light system to monitor the water level. We use a water valve that connect to the connector that has a little spinning ball, when it stops the battery is full.
Thanks NC-Colfax. Can you say more about the LED system? Is the water value something that came with the watering kit? My batteries are in such a tight spot, I am tempted to try the system . My loads are a tiny fraction of what Baggywrinkle was experiencing

NC_Colfax

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

DotRat

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Row Boat
I use Flowrite on the 17 forklifts we have here. Get the LED to tell you when to fill. Make sure to use only distilled or finely filtered water. The flowrite fill stops automatically with a check valve built into the filler. Makes watering easy clean and safe! Highly recommend.

LMcF

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 31
I thought I would report back on this option for wet cells. I decided to go for it since my batteries are very hard to access. I got the indicator light as well cuz I love gadgets. The kit was easy to install. I had pulled my batteries to get at another project, so I installed the system as a trial on the deck. I was curious if it would evenly fill all the batteries. My batteries were low. After I used the handpump, I checked all the cells and they were spot on. Once full, you can't squeeze the bulb at all, so it is easy to know when you are done. At first, the light did not work but they have good technical assistance. I had to move the sensor to a different cell and it all worked.
1617972736767.png
1617972771372.png

DotRat

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Row Boat
Yeah Baby all about making it easy to maintain!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom