Gray Bottom Paint

Tenacity Tuning

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Dominic
Boat Make
25 T-Jason
Anyone have any leads on Gray bottom paints? I'm having a hard time finding anything other than black, red and green. Last year I was able to find some but don't remember where or what and can't seem to find it again. I thought it was a Petite Grey but nothing turning up on the google.

Thanks

Tenacity Tuning

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Dominic
Boat Make
25 T-Jason
NVM think I figured it out. It was the Shark White.. looks grey enough to me. Disregard..lol

leaky

Vice Admiral
I think if you really wanted grey you could just get white and tint it - add black tint (or mix the same black paint in there) until it does what you want.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
I recall Bill saying something about gray bottom paint turning blue at the water line after a little while. I don't remember what brands he tried, but he did eventually find one that remained gray.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
I recall Bill saying something about gray bottom paint turning blue at the water line after a little while. I don't remember what brands he tried, but he did eventually find one that remained gray.
wasn't that white CSC? that's what I remember. ;) Anyway, it was something light colored like you say.

Last edited:

leaky

Vice Admiral
Supposidly is the copper that does that and CF is what you want in light colors.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
The gray bottom paint that I used after others turning color is gray interlux Pacifica it does not turn blue

FromAway

Ensign
First Name
Kit
But Biocop TF is not copper free... data sheet says 35-40% Cu. Any other testimonials about this or other grey bottom paint?

I was searching the forum last week to see if there was a recommended grey paint that wouldn’t turn green. Couldn’t find a good answer so just went with Micron CSC black since that is what Blitzen recommended...but it’s still in the can... I guess I could have asked the question myself but that would threaten my lurker status

Top Bottom